Pratunam star discussion
Third district I nominate for Star status in Bangkok. Please let me know where it needs changes or additions in order for it to become a Star :) --globe-trotter 12:21, 20 June 2011 (EDT)
- Almost. Some comments below. Just suggestions, and none of them are individually important enough to keep this fine article from receiving the star, --ClausHansen 14:39, 20 June 2011 (EDT)
- Intro, "It is another ...": appears unclear what it refers to
- Understand, "which is where the district got its name from": I would leave this out
- Understand: maybe there is a bit too much repetition in this section from other sections
- Map: why is eat no 3 in this article, as it from the map appears to be in another district?
- Listings: more Thai and transcription would be nice, if possible
- Rooftop bar: this listing might be a violation of the principle of only one listing each
- If possible, an intro to the see section would be nice
- Bangkok Dolls Museum: I would leave out the mentioning of winning a competition in 1978 in Poland
- Phaya Thai Palace: no need to mention opening hours twice
- Thai Labour Museum: I do not understand "Modern media are used to present the material, such as television, slides and computers"
- Buy: from the intro and Understand I would have expected more listings in the buy section
- If possible, an intro to the drink section would be nice
- I have dedicated some time to fix the issues:
- I have taken some parts out that were duplicated. I hope its OK now, give it a re-read :)
- The reason for this is that a few streets here (the Ratchawithi sois) are best reached using the BTS to Victory Monument. I have adapted the map accordingly to add this area.
- I have added all the Thai names I could find.
- Hmm, good point. I have now merged both of them under the See section.
- There is almost nothing to See in Pratunam, that's why nothing was written there. I have now added a few sentences.
- Fixed. Although Poland is very highly regarded in the dolls world I've heard ;-)
- Rephrased it.
- I understand what you mean. Before I used "Pratunam Market" to refer to the whole area, but I have now added some separate indoor malls that are located there (Pratunam Market now only refers to the outdoors market). Please re-read the Buy section, as I rewrote it extensively. I had to enlarge the map to fit the new icons on it, so please take another look at the map as well.
- Added a few sentences.
- Alright, I hope it's better this way! --globe-trotter 22:27, 25 June 2011 (EDT)
- Support, no furhter comments, --ClausHansen 01:33, 26 June 2011 (EDT)
- Support. Excellent city district guide. I did a few little touch ups. --Burmesedays 02:07, 26 June 2011 (EDT)
- Amazing. I go away for a week and when I get back there ar 4 new star nominations! Looks good at a glance, and I will try to go through it more carefully during the next week. Cheers, • • • Peter (Southwood) Talk 09:02, 26 June 2011 (EDT)