Tajimi is a city in the Mino area of Gifu Prefecture, Japan.
The Mino area is renowned for its ceramics.
You can take the Chuo line from Nagoya. Takes about 45 minutes.
Unfortunately Tajimi doesn't have a very good public transportation system. There are buses, but they can be inconvenient. The best way around this city is by car or taxi.
- Eihoji Temple 0572-22-0351 This temple is a hidden gem. A very good place to see the fall colors and the cherry blossoms. The main attraction is the small bridge over a pond. It makes for some very picturesque views.
- Tenkou no Yu 0572-24-4126 Open: 1000 - 2300 Take a dip in a nice relaxing onsen. This hot springs has several different baths all of which helps soothe the stresses of traveling away. Adults: 800 yen Children: 400 yen
- Zen Meditation 0572-22-0351 Experience an authentic Zen Buddhist morning service at Eihoji Temple. Available every third Sunday of each month.
- Oribe Street This is a very nice shopping area. You can buy many types of ceramics and other hand made items here.
- Utsuwatei Open from 0800 until 1700 everyday. Is a great handicrafts shop located about a one or two minute walk from the Tajimi Souzoukan (Creative Center). This store has tons of ceramics for both decoration and daily use, such as utensils. You can also find a number of lacquer ware and apparel.
Tajimi Souzoukan (多治見創造間) TEL: 0572-23-5444 You can get pamphlets and maps here. You can also buy ceramics, various Tajimi souvenirs and ceramics making tools. This is a good place to get your orientation of the city and to pick up information on other sites in Tajimi. Located on Oribe street.