Tagbilaran is the Capital of Bohol and the main point of entry to the island, including nearby Panglao Island.
You can fly with Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines from Manila or take a boat from Cebu City directly to Tagbilaran. The Tagbilaran City Tourist Pier handles more than 4,000 travelers on a daily basis. Nine daily ship calls from Cebu City are processed efficiently, with other ships from Manila, Cagayan de Oro City, Dumaguete, Dipolog, Iligan City, Larena, Plaridel and Ozamiz City also welcomed on a regular basis. Another four port terminals cater specifically to Cebu City and northern Mindanao routes. Additional berthing space for fastcraft ferries is currently under construction.
Sunday ferries from Tagbilaran to Cebu are often fully booked, so book ahead or use the port in Tubigon if leaving on a Sunday.
There are very limited taxis, you will find yourself taking a tricycle most of the time, they are cheap. If you stay for a while consider renting a motorcycle. If you want to explore Bohol you can hire a taxi for a full day for under $35.
There is not much for a tourist in the city, other than food rest and shopping, but once you leave the city there is much in Bohol to see and do.
There are a few nice malls, Island City mall is the larger of them and offers nice shopping and decent food.
- Tableya - Made from pure cacao. Tableya is one of Bohol's pasalubong.Chocolate drink called sekwati is made from tableya.
- Dalareich Tableya (One of the best known makers of tableya in Bohol), Booy, Tagbilaran City, ☎ (+63) 9272141456 or (+63)9203605799. You can buy Dalareich Tableya in Tagbilaran City supermarkets and malls and Alturas Talibon. Or directly from the supplier. Registered by DTI and BFAD.
- Darunday Manor, 22 J. A. Clarin St., ☎ (63-38) 411-2512, . checkin: 1400; checkout: 1200. Located at the heart of Tagbilaran City, Darunday Manor is a walking distance to the City's main attractions. It has nine air-conditioned rooms, each room with solar-heated showers and baths. from US$28.
- Marcelina's Guest House, 53 Lamdagan Street, ☎ 038-412-4169, . checkin: 1PM; checkout: noon. Air conditioned rooms with communal bathrooms. A mini-kitchen with ref and cooking/dining facilities. 600.
- Nisa Traveller's Inn, 14 C.P.G. Ave., Tagbilaran City, ☎ (038) 4113731 or mobile 0932 5182755, . checkout: 24h. Good location. Hospital-like rooms, some windowless. Also has A/C rooms and rooms with ensuite bathroom. Breakfast included. Free wifi in the lounge area. Twin with fan and shared bathroom PHP 600.