Memorial museum "Birth House of Anton Chekhov" in Taganrog
Taganrog is the second largest cty in Rostov Oblast, Russia known as the home city of Anton Chekhov.
- Taganrong Yuzhny Airport (IATA: ТАГ) is a small regional airport with flights only from Moscow and a few local villages.
- Rostov-on-Don Airport (IATA: ROV)  in nearby Rostov-on-Don might be a much better option for arrival by air is to take a flight to the larger, which have good international connections with Europe.
Reaching Taganrog by rail usually requires a change of trains in Rostov-on-Don which is an important rail hub. A few direct trains heading to the Black Sea cost makes stop-overs here but they are usually only running during summer season. However, commuter trains from Rostov-on-Don departs hourly during the day with a journey time of just two hours.
There is also a developed network of shuttle bus service from Rostov-on-Don and other neighboring cities and villages of Rostov Oblast and across the border from Ukraine.
- When traveling from Moscow, take federal route M4 up to Rostov-on-Don, after Rostov take route Е58-М23 in direction of Taganrog (around 45 miles).
- When traveling from the Ukraine, pass through Mariupol, Novoazovsk and cross the border checkpoint at Novoazovsk. After the Ukainian/Russian border, go around 35 miles on route M23 to Taganrog.
- Taganrog's main and most popular public transport is tramway. It has a network of 9 lines.
The network of the Taganrog City Tram
There are eight museums in the city: Alferaki Palace, Taganrog Museum of Art, Birth house of Anton Chekhov memorial museum, Taganrog City Architectural Development Museum, Ivan Vasilenko Museum, Chekhov Gymnasium, Anatoly Durov Museum, The Chekhov Shop.
Taganrog Chekhov Drama Theater
- Taganrog Chekhov Drama Theater, Ulitsa Petrovskaya 90, ☎ +7 (8634)383-573, . edit - the oldest drama theater in the South of Russia (founded in 1827)
Gorky Park in Taganrog, main entrance
- Gorky Park, (downtown Taganrog, main entrance from crossing of Petrovskaya and Spartakovski streets). day & night. free of charge. edit
- Primorsky Park, Instrumentalnaya Street. free of charge. edit
- Freken Bok Cafe (Кафе Фрекен Бок), Turgenevsky 24, ☎ +7(8634)310440, . The cafe for children and grown-ups stylized using the theme of Astrid Lindgren's "Karlsson-on-the-Roof". Named after Fröken Hildur Bock, the Lillebror's sitter. The book of the Swedish writer became a huge success in the Soviet Union after the 1968 and 1970's cartoons where Fröken Bock was voiced by the Taganrog-born actress Faina Ranevskaya. edit
- Two Pounds (Два Фунта), Ulitsa Chekhova 43, ☎ +78634681904. 10AM-11PM. an English-style pub offering beer, live music, tv broadcasts of soccer matches and the game of darts. Live concerts start at 8PM. edit
- Bristol, Ulitsa Petrovskaya 64, ☎ +7(8634)383-022, +7(8634)314-405, . edit
- Varvaci, Ulitsa Grecheskaya 76, ☎ +7(8634)319-001, +7(8634)365-003, . edit