Taganga is a fishing village 5 kilometres north of Santa Marta at the Caribbean coast in Colombia. With a dirty beach and noisy restaurants it is not the idyllic fishing village you expect. But has its charm and might be a nicer place to explore the surrounding attractions or do some diving than Santa Marta.
Frequent minibusses go from Carrera 1 in Santa Marta to Carrera 2 o 3 Taganga for C$ 950 per person. It's about 10 minutes. Beautiful ride. You can get off at the Mirador and walk down to town.
- A 40 minute walk north of town lies Playa Grande. It is also possible to take a boat to get there or one of the more remote beaches.
- Taganga turned in to a popular scuba diving center with one of the lowest prices in the world. There are a dozen diving schools in town, but be careful where you do you courses. There are reports of travellers doing their course, paying and never receiving any certificate.
- El Miramar Hotels Santa Marta and Taganga (Including El miramar Taganga "RAMARIM" and Tsunami Hotel, Dive Center, and Mirador del Macondo Three-Star Restaurant and Discotek Bar. This is your best bet for finding honest, no bullshit, tours including Padi Gold Palm Resort Diving, Diving Courses, Dive Master Courses, Tours to National Park Tyrona, Private Beaches, Snorkeling, Fishing, "Lost City" Ciudad Perdida, Minca, Airline and Bus Tickets etc. Write elmiramar_santamarta@yahoo for info and reservations
- Centro de Buceo Poseidon, Calle 18 No 1-69, (57-5)-421-9224 (email@example.com) . Well recommended. PADI open-water C$ 580.000, PADI advance C$ 550.000 +, two fundives C$ 105.000 (probably more)
- Centro de Buceo Nautilus, Primera Calle PADI open-water C$ 530.000, PADI advance C$ 520.000 +, two fundives C$ 120.000, nice people to hang out with but maybe not the most trustworthy if you ve got problems underwater, the equipment seems to be quite old they ve got a cabanna where you can stay for a night for free, the sunset over there is incredible, very calm...
- Centro de Buceo Octupus, Very new Dive center, probably a bit cheaper than the others but with less experience in the area.
Overpiced, mid-quality restaurants are clustered on the beach. Mainly specialized in fish dishes.
Tsunami Hotel and Restaurant Mirador del Macondo' offer Three-Star Ocean-View dining focused on using Fresh Local Ingredients to create Quality, Great Dining Experiences. Great Service with International Accolades utilizing influences from all over the Americas, Europe, and Asia. We offer better quality food than any other restaurant in Taganga with Specialties such as Filet Mignon, Local Fish and Seafood (Lobster by request!!), BBQ Chicken and Ribs, Terrific Salads and Veggie offerings, Coconut-Rice, Cream Soups, and other Creole Delicacies. Call 57-5) 423-3276 for more information and reservations. Thanks!! Calle 17 betwen 2nd and 3rd one-half block up from Pelikan Hotel'
See our profile for more info:
Tsunami Hotel and Restaurant Mirador del Macondo' offer Three-Star Ocean-View Discotek and Bar Thursday through Sunday from 6pm on. House Specialties include diverse International Wine List. Specialty Cocktails including blended specialties, Black and White Russians, Mint Juleps, Mojitos, Specialty Fruit Daquiris, Frozen Banana Frappe, Frozen Ice Coffee, Hurricanes, Slippery Nipples, Martinis, Gin and Tonic, Cuba Libres, Planter's Punch, and a diverse collection of the worlds finest spirits. Jack Daniels, Whiskeys, Scotch, International Vodka's and Gins!! A Variety of Thanks!!
Calle 17 betwen 2nd and 3rd one-half block up Calle 17 on Right from Pelikan Hotel
there is a great restaurant with all kinds of food - sandwiches, meat, spageti, soaps, salads, fish, ice creems , pancakes, creps, shakes.
its called "Che Luis". located at local 1, in front of the beach, near nautilus - diving club
El Garaje is a popular gringo Saturday night hang-out. In weekday going out is limited to drinking a beer at your hostel, unless you can pass the sniff test and visit "Mirador del Macondo".
For a fuller Description of Tsunami Hotel please read below:
Tsunami Hotel and Restaurant Mirador del Macondo ==
'' offer Three-Star Ocean-View Discotek and Bar Thursday through Sunday from 6pm on. House Specialties include diverse International Wine List. Specialty Cocktails including blended specialties, Black and White Russians, Mint Juleps, Mojitos, Specialty Fruit Daquiris, Frozen Banana Frappe, Frozen Ice Coffee, Hurricanes, Slippery Nipples, Martinis, Gin and Tonic, Cuba Libres, Planter's Punch, and a diverse collection of the worlds fine spirits. Thanks!!'
Calle 17 betwen 2nd and 3rd one-half block up from Pelikan Hotel
- "TSUNAMI" and "Mirador de Macondo" Three-Star International Restaurant and Rock and Roll Bar (57-5) 423-3276 Calle 17 between Carrera 2nd and 3rd. Close to everything, very private and exclusive. Tsunami Hotel is the latest offering from El Miramar Hotels, Santa Marta and Taganga. Servicio PREFERENCIAL!! One block to beaches. Very Private and Selective Hotel. Small - Six Rooms total. All second floor rooms have ocean and mountain views, balconies. Third floor has two levels with shady views of Taganga Bay. All Rooms have private baths and are nicely appointed Doubles. Dinner served Thursday through Sunday. Private Rooms C$15,000-$20,000 includes Breakfast (choices: Belgian Waffles, Crepes - Fruit, Ham and Cheese, or Chocolate, Flambe' Bananas, Fruit Salad Served with Cafe or Tea). Looking for the place that offers everything with maximum comfort and privacy? Try us first.
See us here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=63533165
We have DIVING!!! Padi certification and Diving available at Gold Palm Resort Taganga. Tours to the Lost City "Ciudad Perdida" Tyrona National Park, Fishing, Snorkeling and more!!
- "El Miramar Hotel" Taganga, RAMARIM (Miramar Backwards) Calle 12 entre 3 y 4 (57-5) 423-3276 Cheapest in town. Shared Kitchen. GREAT FOOD!! Hammocks in Garden. Dorm C$8,000 - Private Room $10,000 - w Bath $15,0000 - w/Aire $20,000. Free use of Kitchen. Only two blocks to Beach. Friendly Familial Place. Cheap Restaurant next door. Internet across street (C500 half-hour). In the center of town, but, very quiet and removed from Gringo Trail. Store on corner. Bus on Corner. El Garaje Bar only 3 blocks from Hotel. Manager makes terrific juices, great gourmet meals, Grilled Fish and Steaks!! NICE PLACE!!!! Diving and Transportation hub. Manager Abel has 10 years hotel experience in Taganga.
- La Casa de Felipe, Carrera 5A 19-13 (behind the football field), (57-5)-421-9101, info@lacasadefelipe . Most Popular hostel in town. Often Full. Several apartments some with kitchen, dormitory and hammocks if everything else is full. There is a communal kitchen, internet facilities, laundry service, nice terraces and a friendly staff. Discount for Hostelling International-members. Prices between C$15.000 and C$35.000. Breakfast C$4.000.
- Moramar Backpackers International, firstname.lastname@example.org, +5754219202, . In front of the football field. New. Good atmosphere, great service, prices from C$15.000 pesos for a single room to C$8.000 for a hammock, nice view of the sea and of the Sierra.
See Santa Marta for activities in the area.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!