Tønder  is a beautiful town located in the southern part of Denmark. Tønder is the oldest market town in Denmark.
Today Tønder is a modern town with factories and modern schools. Big company's such as Hartmann, Hydro and Ecco are located in Tønder. The city is surrounded by beautiful nature and it makes for some pleasant strolls on the ditches.
Tønder is small enough to be navigated on foot. Buses leave to the villages dotted around the city from the bus station.
The South Jutland History of Civilization Museum
The South Jutland Art Gallery
The Zeppelin Museum - Find more information here http://www.zeppelin-museum.dk/
One of Europe's biggest folk festivals is held the last weekend of August.
Black Sun - If you like nature Black Sun is something you must see. http://www.visittonder.dk/international/en-gb/menu/turist/oplevelser/blacksun/blacksun.htm
Café Victoria - Is a Cafe, Bar and Restaurant in the same place. The kitchen is a mix of Danish food, Light collations and Steaks. More information can be found here http://www.victoriatoender.dk/
Not many options for having a long night out in Tønder, unless you hit the festival. But these places normally see a relatively large crowd, especially friday and saturday. Thursdays get busy sometimes too, but it's pretty much hit and miss.
- Queens , located just next to Cafe Victoria, this small club ocasionally offers special events and gets quite crowded. The music is what you would expect, nothing great but makes for a decent night.
- Central Halle, a small bar popular with the old timers as well as the "gymnasium" students. Definitely the best place to talk to people and play billard (not pool though!). Can get pretty rowdy at times and is often very crowded in the wee hours, or just after a party at the gymnasium has ended.
- Cafe Victoria , a good place to get some food and enjoy a couple of beers. Thursday from 10-11pm as well as Friday afternoon is "Blaa Time" (Blue Hour), where beers are half price.
- Sporten Is a classical sportsbar with pints and sport and the big screen. Friday and Saturday night young people meet there for a night out. The atmosphere is great in the weekend and it can get very crowded sometimes. The people who goes there are very down to earth and casual.
- Barkleys , After a couple of bad years barkleys got a new owner and now is it the most popular nightclub/bar in the city centre. Always worth a visit!
Tønder Hus - Find more information about Tønder Hus here http://www.hoteltoenderhus.dk/microsite/1.php?show=218
Hostrup Hotel - Find more information here http://www.hostrupshotel.dk/
Hotel Bowler Inn - Find more information here http://www.hotelbowlerinn.dk/
Familien Carstensen, Graensevej 8, Saed (Bus number 602 or Niebull Bus from the main bus station, outside the trainstation), ☎ +45 74725806 (email@example.com), . Single rooms from 255kr, Strawhouse with eight beds 725kr. Nice family run Bed & Breakfast, in a restored traditional inn - probably the cheapest option in Tønder. Located about 3km outside the city. Call in advance for pick up service.
They also offer a city house located in the heart of Tønder, just 5 min walk from the town market (450kr - room for 4 people).