Sydney : Upper North Shore
Upper North Shore is in Sydney.
The Upper North Shore, starts beyond Chatswood and stretches all the way north to the Hawkesbury River. It consists of mainly residential and bushland suburbs, with the apartments and high density of the Sydney/Lower North Shore giving way to the the detached houses in the leafy suburbs of Killara and Turramurra, and further north to villages carved out of the bush near Berowra and Mt Colah.
Containing some of the oldest residential areas of Sydney, the North Shore is also known for its extensive gardens and mature European trees, making it one of the most attractive areas within the Sydney metropolitan area. This is particularly true in November of each year, when the blossoming of the Jacaranda trees provides streetscapes of bright purple flowers.
The T1 North Shore line serviced by Sydney Trains and the Pacific Highway provide the spine of the region, running parallel to each other for much of their length.
- Rose Seidler House, 71 Clissold Road, Wahroonga, tel 02 9989 8020, fax 02 9487 2761, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org, open Su only 10am-5pm, admission adults $8, child/concession $4, family $17. The first building designed by the renowned Australian architect Harry Seidler. This famed piece of Australian modernist architecture, built in 1948-1950, has been preserved in its original condition and features panoramic views of Kuringai National Park.
- Roseville Cinema  regularly shows movies not released in larger cinema chains, tel 9416 8555.
- Khob Khun Thai, 308 Pacific Highway Lindfield, (02) 9880 8020. A$10-15. Serves light Thai meals super fast! You have barely had time to sit down, or grab some BYO alcohol from the shop around the corner before the food is ready. It is popular with university students from the nearby campus of the University of Technology, Sydney.
- Food & Plonk, 366 Pacific Highway Lindfield, (02) 9416 5026. A$25-35. Food & Plonk serves French meals with a modern twist. The price is quite high for the area but the service is good. The mashed potato is so smooth it glides down your throat.
- Lee's Lotus Inn , 41 Redleaf Avenue Wahroonga, (02) 9489 5740. A$10-20. Serves Chinese cuisine mainly. It is the most popular and well known chinese restaurant within the area. It is BYO Wine only with no corkage, and there is a bottle shop just down the road. It is approx. 3-5minute walk from the station and is generally full on Friday, Saturday , and Sunday's. Try the Sizzling Beef!!