| || |
|−|This Valley is just like a paradise on earth. A very beautiful and calm valley in northern part of Pakistan. Nature's beauty can be experienced. It can be linked to Switzerland - a land of rivulets, forests, snow-capped mountains, luscious green fertile valleys and its temperate climate. It is also the home of ancient Buddhism and a major center of Gandhara civilization. |+|
paradise... to Switzerlandrivulets, forests, snow-capped mountains, luscious green fertile valleys and temperate climate. It is also the home of ancient Buddhism and a major center of Gandhara civilization.
| || |
Revision as of 22:10, 26 May 2009
||WARNING: Due to an ongoing military operation that began in August 2007, this area is extremely dangerous and should be avoided. Overseas nationals will not be permitted to proceed beyond the checkpoint at Chakdara, where the road to Dir and Swat split.
Swat Valley is in the North-West Frontier Province in Pakistan.
- Malam Jabba Ski resort is located about 300 kms from Islamabad, Driving time averages 6 hours. There is an air strip at Saidu Sharif, 45 km away with flights daily from the capital by Pakistan Airways (flights also connect from Peshawar). There's also a heli-pad at the resort. Average temperature is -5 to -10 degrees celcius in the winter and goes up to an average +20 degress celcius in the summer. You can do trekking, mountaineering, golf, trout fishing, hunting, camping and sightseeing.
- Kalam - A paradise on earth. It's also upper Swat when going upwards from Bahrin a sweet cool air welcomes you. Forget all your worries of fast forwarding. Kalam is more intoxicating. Many poets say "Kalam is a bowl full of bear." Kalam has two beautiful vallies like Gabral and Ushu Valley. Ushu Valley has famous Mahodand Lake and on the Gabral side are two famous lakes Kharkhari, Dhamaka and most beautiful Kandol Lake.
In calmer times, Swat can be near paradise... or at least likened to Switzerland, with rivulets, forests, snow-capped mountains, luscious green fertile valleys and a temperate climate. It is also the home of ancient Buddhism and a major center of Gandhara civilization.
Local language is Pushto but Urdu and English easily understand as a communication language.
People are very nice and humble. They always take care of you and with utmost commitment.
There are regular flights from Islamabad to Swat and back. One can also get here either from Peshawar (160 KMs) or Islamabad(250 KMs). Most of the tourist who visit Swat first arrive at the historical city of Peshawar, the capital of N.W.F.P Province. Peshawar has an International Airport which is served by many international airlines like Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad and Gulf Airlines in addition to the national flag carrier PIA. From Peshawar, you can take an onward flight of PIA to take you to Saidu Airport. Saidu Sharif is the Capital of Swat. You can also drive to Swat by hiring a car from the Local Rent A Car Services. The cheapest way to reach Swat is using public transport which is easily available. All of them leave from the main bus stand at Peshawar.
- Skiing at Malam Jabba ski resort. Which was burned down by the Taliban in 2008
- Chair lifts are installed at Malam jabba ski resort.
- Golf at the resort.
- Fishing at the lake.
- Sightseeing of the scenic valley.
- Discover the ancient center of Buddhism.
Trout fish is very famous, there are lots of good hotels in Swat, where there is lots of good and delicious foods at very reasonable price.
Swat honey is one of the best varieties of honey in the world and is drawn from natural flora of the Hindukush ranges which are very rich in mineral wealth.
Green tea is also a very famous drink of Swat.