Superior is in Wisconsin, USA and is a port of Lake Superior.
Superior is a city of 27,368 on the Western tip of Lake Superior, across Superior Bay from Duluth, MN. The two cities make up Lake Superior's "Twin Ports." Shipping, education, oil refining, tourism, railroads, and forestry are the primary economic activities in Superior.
- Duluth International Airport is about 30 minutes away, and provides service to and from many Midwest cities and Las Vegas. The Richard I. Bong Airport in Superior can accommodate small private planes.
Superior is accessible via US 53 and Wisconsin 35 from northwestern Wisconsin, US 2 from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and Interstate 535 from Duluth, Minnesota.
Car rentals are available in Superior from Avis (218-727-7233) and Enterprise (715-395-9900). The Duluth Transit Authority (218-722-7283) provides bus service throughout the Twin Ports area. Courtesy Cab (218-590-9222) and Badger Taxi (715-394-5555) offer transportation on demand 24 hours a day.
Primary roads in Superior include East Second St., entering as US 53 from the east side of town, Belknap St., routing US 2 from the harbor to downtown, and Tower Ave. (WI 35), running the length of the downtown business district and into South Superior.
- The Anchor Bar  The greatest burgers at the greatest tavern on Lake Superior. Sarcastic waitresses, the "Library Booth," the Titanic life preserver, the dirt cheap Anchor Ale. The reason they invented bars. 413 Tower Ave.
- The Androy Hotel in downtown is something of an anachronism. It towers over Tower Avenue, features a full service restaurant and bar directly off the once-ornate lobby, and gives guests a taste of what luxury hotels were like in the early- and mid- 20th century. The Androy is convnenient to the Downtown entertainment and shopping district.
- Holiday Inn Express, 303 Second Ave. East, is a typical franchise hotel, with harbor views and an enclosed swimming pool. It is convenient to Barker's Island, University of Wisconsin-Superior, and Fairlawn Mansion.
- Best Western Bridgeview Inn is located at the foot of the John Blatnik bridge, and is convenient to Duluth and Downtown Superior.
- Super 8 motel is located on the eastern edge of Superior at 4901 East Second St. It is convenient to Wisconsin Point's beaches and natural areas, the Tri-County recreational corridor, and Douglas County.