Stone Town is the main city on Zanzibar. It is a city of prominent historical and artistic importance in East Africa. Its architecture, mostly dating back to the 19th century, reflects the diverse influences underlying the Swahili culture, with a unique mixture of Moorish, Arab, Persian, Indian and European elements. For this reason, the town has been included in UNESCO's World Heritage Sites in 2000
Zanzibar International Airport  is the only airport on the island. It is accessible via Dar es Salaam.
Boats to Stone Town can be boarded from Dar es Salaam or Pemba.
- Old Fort. adjacent to the House of Wonders, is a heavy stone fortress that was built in the 17th century by the Omani. It has a roughly square shape; the internal courtyard is now a cultural centre with shops, workshops, and a small arena where live dance and music shows are held daily.
- Palace Museum (Former Sultan's Palace). (also known as the "Sultan's Palace", "Beit el-Sahel" in Arab) is another former sultan's palace, also located on the seafront, to the north of the House of Wonders. It was built in late 19th century, and now hosts a museum about the daily life of the Zanzibari royal family, including items that belonged to Sayyida Salme, a former Zanzibar princess that fled to relocate in Europe with her husband
- House of Wonders. (or "Palace of Wonders", also known as "Beit-al-Ajaib"), in Mizingani Road on the seafront, is probably the most well-known landmarks of Stone Town. It was built in 1883 and restored after the Anglo-Zanzibar War of 1896. Former Sultan's residence, it became the seat of the Afro-Shirazi Party after the revolution. It was the first building in Zanzibar to have electricity as well as the first building in East Africa to have a lift. Since 2000, its interior has been dedicated to a museum on Swahili and Zanzibar culture.
- Livingstone's House. is a small palace that was originally built for Sultan Majid bin Said but later used by European missionaries. David Livingstone lived in the house while preparing his last expedition to the interior of Tanganyika.
- Old Dispensary. was built from 1887 to 1894 to serve as a charity hospital for the poor, but was later used as a dispensary. It is one of the most finely decorated buildings of Stone Town, with large carved wooden balconies, stained-glass windows, and neo-classical stucco adornments. After falling into decay in the 1970s and 1980s, the building was later accurately restored by the AKTC
- Anglican Cathedral. Purchased by missionaries, the church sits atop the world's last slave market. The altar is said to be built over the market's whipping post. $3.
- Hamamni Persian Baths. are a complex of public baths built at the end of the 19th century by Shirazi architects for Sultan Barghash bin Said. These baths are not open anymore but are open to visitors.Visits are limited to some areas of the original complex because part of it (e.g., the restaurant) has since been adapted for private residences
- Forodhani Gardens. are a small park located in the main seawalk of Stone Town, right in front of the Old Fort and the House of Wonders. They have been recently restored by the AKTC. Every evening after sunset the gardens host a popular, tourist-oriented market selling grilled seafood and other Zanzibari recipes.
- Roam around Stone town appreciating the Historical buildings
- Mercury's Restaurant. Is a restaurant just opposite the "Big Tree" and near the ferry port. The place's name and theme is dedicated to Freddy Mercury,who used to be the lead singer of the band Queen (was born in Stone Town)
- House of Spices, ☎ +255242231264. $8-$15.
Mercury's Restaurant. A really nice Bar which also serves a good variety of cocktails
- Tembo House Hotel, . checkout: 10:00 AM.
- Dhow Palace Hotel, . checkout: 10:00 AM. Slow internet connection (wifi) available. Non-resident prices are given in US dollars, started at $75 for a single.
- Clove Hotel Zanzibar, ☎ +255 (0)777 - 484567, . A Dutch-owned hotel
- Serena Inn, .
- Manch Lodge Zanzibar, . Cheap place to stay with big dorm. Breakfast included. Watch out your stuff when you put it in the luggage room (lock it) - there are trousers disappearing on a regular base.
- Zanzibar Lodge( Njila guest house)), Stone Town (250 m from darajani market), ☎ +255777458584, . checkin: any time; checkout: 10 am. Zanzibar lodge is within stone town center and walking on shopping center of Zanzibar. Zanzibar Lodge can accommodate 8 people and it contain 4 rooms. Three rooms with private bathroom and air condition and One room with shared bathroom but with hot shower.While your here you can have a possibility of visiting Historical,museum, and much more about Zanzibar.It is very good for budget traveler and is very cheap if you compare with other lodges in stone town of Zanzibar.Our rate are per room and bed and breakfast. 20$. (30$,25$)
- Zanzibar Lodge ( Njila guest house)), Stone Town Zanzibar (250 m from behind of Darajani market), ☎ +255777458584, . checkin: any time; checkout: 10 am. Zanzibar lodge is within stone town center and walking on shopping center of Zanzibar. Zanzibar Lodge can accommodate 8 people and it contain 4 rooms. Three rooms with private bathroom and air condition and One room with shared bathroom but with hot shower.While your here you can have a possibility of visiting Historical,museum, and much more about Zanzibar.It is very good for budget traveler and is very cheap if you compare with other lodges in stone town of Zanzibar.Our rate are per room in bed and breakfast. Email at email@example.com 20$. (30$,25$)
Furaha Resort 7km from stonetown the way to north of Island,with a nice rooms,sunset wiew restaurant.
Basic room single 50us.Double 65us.
standard/twin single 85us. Double 80us.
Pool view deluxe single 75us. Double 95us.
Triple Deluxe (i king size bed and i single bed) 115us.
Check out 10.00am.
All taxes are included.
Rates quoted above are on per room per night and on bed and breakfast basis.
children below 6years old will be allowed free if no extra bed is needed .
Extra bed .20us per night.
Facilities; swimming pool En suite Bathroom,Ac,hot water,ceilling fan,(only pool garden view rooms offers cable tv and mini bar.
E-MAIL; firstname.lastname@example.org. TEL;+255/772279353.