Northern and Western Suburbs are in Stockholm.
- Bromma kyrka, Gliavägen 100 (Bus 117 from T Brommaplan) +46 8 37 34 48, . Bromma kyrka, in the western suburbs, is one of the oldest in Stockholm. It has also been voted the city's most beautiful. The oldest part was built as a round church in the second half of the 12th century. The church contains medieval paintings from the late 15th century.
- Tensta konsthall, Taxingegränd 10 (T Tensta), +46 8 36 07 63, . Open Tu-Su noon-5PM (closed for much of the summer). Tensta Konsthall, an exhibition hall in the multicultural western suburb of Tensta, opened in 1998 and has been met with much interest from critics for its contemporary art exhibitions.
- AIK plays their home games at the large Råsunda stadium, Solnavägen 51 (T Solna Centrum), a national football stadium in the north-western bordering town of Solna. The arena is Stockholm's largest, with around 35,000 seats, and although seldom sold out, the club generally attracts the biggest home crowds in Sweden.
- Brommapojkarna plays their home games at Grimsta IP, Bromma (T Hässelby Strand). Brommapojkarna advanced to the top league in 2009.
- Väsjöbacken in Sollentuna, skiing.
- Solvalla hippodrome (Free buses from the City Terminal and T Sundbyberg before races, or a 10 min walk from T Rissne) +46 8 635 90 00 . For a day at the races, you can go to Stockholm's hippodrome Solvalla in the northwestern suburbs and watch trotters compete in harness racing. Races are held Wednesday nights and many weekends. The biggest event is the prestigious Elitloppet race  at the end of May every year.
- Elitloppet 2011, May 27-29.
- Stockholm Quality Outlet , Majorsvägen 2-4, Järfälla (Commuter train to Jakobsberg and then bus 567) . Open M-F 11AM-8PM, Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 11AM-5PM. Close to one of Stockholm's two IKEA stores, in the suburb Barkarby, rather far out northwest of the city center, you will find a factory outlet village that claims to be the first and biggest in the Nordic countries, and promises prices 30 to 60 percent lower than in the city center stores.
- Vällingby Centrum, (T Vällingby), . Most stores open M-F 10AM-7PM, Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 11AM-5PM.
- Kista Galleria, (T Kista), . Open daily 10AM-9PM.
- Täby Centrum, (Roslagsbanan Täby Centrum), . Open daily 10AM-7PM.
- Solna Centrum, (Hotellgatan Solna Centrum), . Open M-F 10AM-7PM, Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 11AM-5PM.