State College  is a borough in Centre County, Pennsylvania. It is home to the University Park campus of the Pennsylvania State University.
The nearest is University Park Airport (SCE), 6.7 miles from the centre of the town. Flights are available from Cincinnati, Detroit, Washington and Philadelphia.
The local Greyhound station is approximately a half mile (10 minutes' walk) from the centre of town.
State College is connected to nearby cities by the following highways
Pennsylvania's 3rd largest city, sort of
Football is a big deal throughout the Midwest, but college football is an especially big deal for Penn State fans. While the population of State College and adjacent College Township is less than 50,000, during Penn State home games as many as 110,000 people crowd into Beaver Stadium. On football Saturdays, there's more people in town than live in Pennsylvania's third largest city (Allentown, pop. 106,000)!!
- Penn State University, . Penn State, home of the Nittany Lions, is one of the ten largest universities in America with over 84,000 enrolled students.
- Watch a Penn State football game.
- 4th of July fireworks.
- Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts. A variety of artists come to display their work on the streets of downtown State College and surrounding campus area. Live music, food stands and family friendly activities bring people from all over Pennsylvania.
There are a number of small shops downtown along College and Beaver Ave. Nittany Mall is also only a few miles away.
- The Tavern, 220 E. College Avenue, +1 814 238-6116, . Dinner from 5 PM daily. Adjacent to Penn State, with the expected raucous college-dive atmosphere but considerably better food and service than one might expect.
- Creamery, 119 Food Science Building, +1 814 865-7535, . Generally open from 7 am to 10 pm for working days. The largest university creamery in the nation.
- Kimchi Korean Restaurant, N. Atherton St. Best Korean food in town!
- Viet Thai Restaurant, 146 N. Atherton St.. Serving excellent dishes of both Thai and Vietnamese food, this restaurant is a highlight of State College's Asian cuisine. BYOB
- Otto's Pub and Brewery, 2105 North Atherton St., ☎ 814-867-6866, . Microbrewery and pub-style food
Drinking is what State College is known for, second only to football. Whether you prefer sports bars, dance clubs, or Irish pubs, with over 20 bars in a mile radius, everyone is sure to find something to their liking.
- Courtyard State College, 1730 University Drive, ☎ +1 814 238-1881 (fax: +1 814 238-3108), .
- Holiday Inn Express, 1925 Waddle Road, ☎ +1 814 867-1800, .
- Motel 6 State College - Penn State University, 1274 North Atherton Street, ☎ +1 814 234-1600 (fax: +1 814 234-6665), .
- Residence Inn State College, 1555 University Drive, ☎ +1 814 235-6960 (fax: +1 814 235-1630), .
- SpringHill Suites State College, 1935 Waddle Road, ☎ +1 814 867-1807 (fax: +1 814 867-1879), .
- Days Inn State College, 240 South Pugh Street, ☎ +1 814 238-8454 ([email protected], fax: +1 814 237-1607), .
- Nittany Lion Inn, 200 West Park Avenue, ☎ +1 814 865-8500 ([email protected], fax: +1 814 865-8501), .
- Greenwood Furnance State Park  is located approximately 30 minutes southwest of State College using PA-26 and PA-305. It offers camping, hiking, fishing, and other outdoor activities in season.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!
WikiPedia:State College, Pennsylvania