Stark County  is in Northeast Ohio.
Interstate 77 goes north and south through the center of Stark County. State Route 30 goes east and west through the county.
- Stark County Regional Transit Authority (SARTA), tel: +1 330-47-SARTA (330-477-2782), . $1.15 Regular fare/ .50 Reduced fare (Seniors, Disabled)/ Children under 6 ride free. SARTA provides reliable public bus service throughout Stark County. Transfer Centers are located in: Alliance, Massillon, and Canton. There is a bus to the Akron/Canton Airport (Route 115) and an express bus between Canton and Downtown Akron (Route 81). Buses on main routes generally depart each stop every hour. SARTA buses run 365 days per year. On Holidays, buses run the Sunday schedule. Check website for details: http://www.sartaonline.com. Additionally, Lakefront Lines, a private bus company, operates an office in SARTA's Canton Transfer Center. Lakefront Lines goes through Canton on it's route between Cleveland and Charleston, SC.
Pro Football Hall of Fame - Canton
While some people that travel to the area are going to check out the Pro Football HOF in Canton, there are other unique activities in Stark County.
- Try finding the Lost French Gold in Minerva.
- Take a tour of the Glamorgan Castle in Alliance.
- Dig up some old treasures at the Hartville Marketplace & Flea Market in Hartville.
If you're in the mood for Italian, try Cibo's in Waynesburg. If you'd rather have a great steak check out Baker's in Canton.
- Wineries. Maize Valley Market & Winery is in Hartville, and Perennial Vineyards is in Navarre.
For the most part, Stark County is fairly safe. While there may be some less desirable areas in Canton and Alliance, they are easy to avoid.