Stafford is the county seat of Stafford County, Virginia. Aside from that designation, there is little of distinction here.
Stafford is at Exit 140 just off I-95.
Nothing to see here, really—move on to Fredericksburg
There are actually a good number of decent restaurants in Stafford, as it serves as a center of sorts for the folks living in the rural surroundings.
- Athalia's Seafood and Southern Cuisine, 60 Susa Dr, ☎ +1 504 307-0520, . Tu-Sa 11AM-8PM, Su noon-6PM. A simple, full-service restaurant, no doubt. But the kitchen turns out the best soul food you'll find for 50 miles. $8-15.
- Kabob Corner, 1515 Stafford Market Pl, ☎ +1 504 288-8008, . M-Th,Su 11AM-10PM, Sa 11AM-11PM. A simple kabob place (Afghan), that's just really good. Table seating, but plenty of take out business. The kabobs are great, but so are the veggie specialties. $6-13.
There are highway motels, but they are north of the town center, and just too boring enough to not warrant listing. They are at Exit 143.
- Fredericksburg is a legitimate tourist destination, and a short drive down I-95. You'll find Ferry Farm there—George Washington's boyhood home—which is just barely within Stafford County.
- If you are crazy for colonial churches, head north to Aquia Harbor.
- Just north of Aquia Harbor is Quantico, which has the fabulous National Marine Corps Museum.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!