The town of St Lucia, is on the Southern Tip of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park. Many visitors use St Lucia as their hub because of its close proximity to many attractions in the area.
New Name for the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park - iSimangaliso Wetland Park
Sunady 13th May 2007. Statement by the office of Marthinus van Schalkwyk, Minister of Environment Affairs and Tourism. South Africa's first World Heritage Site, the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park, has a new name, iSimangaliso Wetland Park, that better reflects its unique identity and sense of place. The name has been approved by the National Cabinet and was gazetted on Friday 11th May 2007 in terms of the World Heritage Convention Act and will be effective from the 1st of November 2007
(See also "Saint Lucia" (Caribbean Lesser Antilles) Saint_Lucia)
From Durban - follow the N2 northwards passing by Stanger, Empangeni and Richards Bay. After around 250km turn off the N2 onto the R618 to Mtubatuba. Keep on the R618 and follow the signs to St Lucia - 26km. You will cross the bridge over the St Lucia estuary. Turn right at the T-Junction into McKenzie Road
From Johannesburg - follow the N2 southwards passing by Ermelo, Piet Retief and Pongola. After around 600km turn off the N2 onto the R618 to Mtubatuba. Keep on the R618 and follow the signs to St Lucia - 26km. You will cross the bridge over the St Lucia estuary. Turn right at the T-Junction into McKenzie Road
- Afrikar - Off-road car self drive experience
- Big 5 Safari - Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Park
- Birding - Over 400 species recorded
- Cape Vidal - Renowned for it's unspoilt beaches and sport fishing
- Crocodile Centre - Live crocodiles and snake displays
- Estuary Cruise - View Hippo's and crocodiles on the cruise
- St Lucia Wetlands - iSimangaliso Wetland Park Eco Tour
- Horse Riding - Beach or Safari horse riding
- Kayak Safari - Kayak amongst Hippo's and Crocs
- Safari Night Drive - See the African nocturnal wildlife
- Sport - Golf, bowls, tennis and squash
- St Lucia Beaches - Sub-tropical blonde beaches
- Turtle Tour - Leatherback and Loggerhead Turtle nesting
- Walking Trails - Natural African landscapes and sea shores
- Whale Watching - Boat based whale watching
- Zulu Cultural Tour - Khula Zulu Village tour
- Windjammer Villa Beach Resort, . Experience the Difference. Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, St. Lucia is simply the best, riding above a sea of resorts.
- Zulani Guest House B&B, ☎ +27 (0)35 590-1421 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . A small, family-run quality four-star Guest House. The owners, Gary & June, reside in an adjoining cottage, and are on hand to provide the "personal hospitality". R385 per person sharing, including breakfast.
- Almond Morgan Bay, Choc Bay, Gros Islet, St. Lucia, ☎ 18004ALMOND, . Almond Morgan Bay combines an elegant but informal settings to offer singles, couples and families a high-quality, all-inclusive Caribbean vacation in St. Lucia. The resort covers a 22-acre expanse of hillside land sloping through countless palms to a pristine beach lapped by the waters of a secluded cove.
- Almond Smugglers Cove, Cap Estates, St. Lucia, WI, . Discover Almond Smugglers Cove, a spacious, village-style resort located on 60 acres of lush tropical gardens.