Speyer is a city in the Rhineland-Palatinate region of Germany. It is one of the oldest German cities and has a beautiful old town.
Speyer is located at the Autobahn A61. The main station has frequent connections to Mannheim and Karlsruhe.
Speyer has a working railroad system, also it is not directly connected with ICE trains it is easy to reach via Mannheim or Ludwigshafen.
Speyer has a city bus system. You can get tickets from the bus drivers.
- Kaiser und Mariendom - The romanesque imperial cathedral, with crypta of the Salian Emperors. A UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Very nice historic old town.
- Judenbad Oldest Mikvah north of the Alps
- Altpörtel - A 55 m high gate, part of the former fortification wall
- Gedächtniskirche der Protestation - A protestant church with wooden interior from the 17th century
- Historisches Museum der Pfalz - Historic museum
- Technik Museum - Technical Museum
- IMAX Dome film theater
- Sealife - An aquarium
A little expensive.