Speyer is a city in the Rhineland-Palatinate region of Germany. It is one of the oldest German cities and has a beautiful old town. The city name was given in the 6th ct AD. Since the 6th ct bishops very located regular in town
Speyer lays direct at the Autobahn A61. The main station is close connected to Mannheim and Karlsruhe.
- Kaiser und Mariendom - The great romanesque cathedral with crypta (one of Germany's oldest: others are in Mainz and Worms). A UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Very nice historic city center.
- Altpörtel - A 55 m high gate, part of the partly existing city wall
- Gedächtniskirche der Protestation - A protestant church
- Historisches Museum der Pfalz - Worthwhile historic museum
- Sealife - An aquarium
- IMAX Dome film theater
- Technik Museum - Technical Museum
A little expensive.