The Southwest is a region of Ohio.
State Parks and Resort Lodges
- A.W. Marion State Park, Pickaway County, 7317 Warner-Huffer Road, Circleville. 58 wooded camp sites, tent and trailer camping, 145 acres of water restocked with largemouth bass, muskellunge, bluegill and channel catfish., boat launch ramps and public docks, excellent squirrel hunting.
- Caeser Creek State Park, northeast corner of Warren County, I-71 exit 45, Route 73 west, southeast of Dayton. 285 campsites, electrical hook-ups. The campground offers showers, flush toilets, pet camping, horseman's camp with 30 sites, two camper cabins, one cedar cabin, 2,830-acre lake, unlimited horsepower, boating, water skiing, five launch ramps, forty-three miles of hiking trails, men, thirty-one miles of bridle trail, horsemen's camp, five-mile mountain bike trail, 3.5 -mile novice trail, hunting, fishing, picnic areas, tables, grills, drinking water, nine picnic shelters, day lodge, a meeting room, kitchen, outdoor tables, grills, 1,300-foot beach, concession area, changing booths, nature center, naturalist programs year round, pioneer village with 15 historic buildings depicting life in early 1800s. Playground equipment, basketball court, games and sports equipment.
- Cowan Lake State Park, Clinton County, south of Wilmington , west of SR 68 on SR 350. 237 electric campsites, 17 non-electric sites, are wheelchair accessible, showerhouse, flush toilets, laundry facilities, dump station, camper's beach, boat launch ramp, commissary, pet camping. 27 cottages, heated, air-conditioned, two private bedrooms, rrollaway beds, bath, shower, furnished living area, complete kitchen, dining area, screened porch, linens, towels, cooking, eating utensils are provided. Two premium cottages, gas fireplaces, wooden decks, gas cooking grills. Boats with a ten horsepower limite permitted, marina, concession, boat, canoe and motor rental, fishing and picnic supplies. Launch ramps, fuel, dock rentals, sailing, hunting, fishing. Public beach, bathhouse, showers, snack bar, picnicking, tables, grills, shelterhouse, dance pavilion, one-mile mountain bike trail, four miles of hiking trails, bike rentals, boat rentals, basketball, volleyball, and miniature golf course.
- Deer Creek State Park and Resort Lodge, southwest Pickaway County, west of Circleville, northwest of Route 22 on Route 207. 3,100 acre retreat. Lodge: 110 guest rooms, indoor, outdoor pools, sauna, whirlpool, exercise room, restaurant, lounge, and meeting rooms. Cottages: 25 cottages, two bedrooms, bath, shower, living room, sofa bed, complete kitchen, dining area and screened porch. Camping: 227 electric campsites, showers, flush toilets, pet camping, Five Rent-A-Camp units, horsemen's camp with primitive overnight facilities, area for youth groups. Unlimited horsepower boating, 1,277-acre Deer Creek reservoir, two launch ramps, marina, fuel, boat rental and seasonal dock rentals. 1,700-foot swimming beach, concession area, changing booths, boat-swim area, picnicking, nine miles of hiking trails, fourteen miles of bridle trails, fitness trail, 350-acre, 18-hole public golf course, fitness center, volleyball, basketball courts, horseshoe pits, playground, miniature golf, bicycles may be rented, volleyball, basketball courts, playgrounds, baseball field, and tennis courts for lodge guests.
- East Fork State Park, Clermont County. 25 miles east of Cincinnati and south of SR 32, off of Route 133. 384 electric campsites, 5 full-hookup sites, showers, flush toilets, drinking water, camper's beach, boat ramp, pet camping, 4 spacious Cedar Cabins, 4 camper cabins, horsemen's camp. Backpacker trail, 10 miles of scenic areas, 20-mile round trip. 32-mile perimeter trail circles the park, for hikers, backpackers, and horsemen. Four primitive campsites are these trails. 5-mile mountain bike trail. 2,160 acres of water, unlimited horsepower boating, six launch ramps. Hunting, fishing, picnic areas, tables, grills, drinking water, two picnic shelters, swimming, 1,200-foot beach, change booths, restrooms, vending area, mini-golf course, bike rental, basketball, horseshoe courts, and playgrounds.
- Hueston Woods State Park and Resort Lodge, Southwest corner of Preble County, northwest corner of Butler County, north of Oxford. North of SR 27 on Route 732. Located in Butler and Preble counties, nearly 3,000 acres. Lodge: 96-rooms, dining room, snack bar, gift shop, meeting rooms, lounge, indoor, outdoor swimming pools, game room, and lighted tennis court. Cottages: 25 cottages, two bedrooms, bath, kitchen, living room, screened porch. Two Premium Cottages. Ten Efficiency Cottages. All cottages have cooking, eating utensils, towels, and bedding. Camping: 252 campsites, electrical outlets, showers, flush toilets, laundry, trailer waste station, 236 non-electric campsites, with vault-type latrines. Three camper cabins, built-in bunks, air conditioning, and an outdoor gas grill, 28 horseman campsites and pet camping. 10 miles of hiking trails, 18 miles of bridle trails, 12 miles for mountain biking. 18-hole, 7,005-yard, par 72 golf course, driving ranges open from March until November. Acton Lake, boating, launch ramps, public docks, fishing pier, 1,500-foot swimming beach, concession stand, bathhouse, volleyball court, horseshoes, miniature golf, playground, basketball court, Nature Center, fossil hunts and playground.
- John Bryant State Park, northern Greene County, east of Dayton, south of Springfield and north of Xenia. Route 68 to CR 343 east. Camping: 10 electic campsites, 50 non-electric sites, picnic tables, fire rings, latrines, drinking water, pet camping, 100-person group camp, two adirondack shelters, fishing, hunting, four picnic areas, shelterhouse, tables, grills, drinking water. Nine trails, mountain bikes are permitted on 6.5 miles of multi-use trail, wheelchair accessible trails. Rock climbing and rappelling area.
- Paint Creek State Park, western Ross County, between Chillicothe and Hillsboro, north of SR 50. 183 electric campsites, 14 electric premium campsites, hot showers, flush toilets, laundry facilities, two Deluxe camper Cabins, with beds, TV and VCR, microwave, refrigerator, gas grill, and gas fireplace. Pet campin, primitive horseman's camp, unlimited horsepower boating, launch ramps, boat rentals, fuel, seasonal dock rentals, hunting, or fishing, swimming, 1,000-foot sand beach, bathhouse, restrooms and changing booths. Picnic areas, tables, grills and a reservable picnic shelter. Four hiking trails, .75 miles to 2.5 miles, 25 miles of bridle trails, 14 miles of mountain bike trails. Nature center, minature golf, games, sports equipment, basketball, volleyball, and rock climbing permitted.
- Rocky Fork State Park, Highland County, east of Hillsboro and southwest of Chillicothe north of Route 124. 230 campsites, showers, flush toilets, laundry facilities, camp store and campers' beach. Electric available at 89 campsites, an additional 45 campsites offer full-service hookups, 62 premium lakeside non-electric campsites, pet camping, launch ramp, tie-ups, recreation barn also may be rented with meeting space, restrooms, showers, modified kitchen. Unlimited horsepower, sixteen boat launching ramps, rental docks, boat camping, three marinas, fuel, focking space, modern restaurant, boat rentals, snack bar, two large beaches, swimming, changing booths, bathhouses, boat/swim area, fishing, hunting, .5 mile hiking trail, excellent birdwatching, A two-mile mountain bike trail, volleyball, playground equipment, miniature golf course, tetherball, basketball court, horsehoe pits, games, sporting equipment, and a nature center.
- Stonelick State Park, Clermont County, northeast ofCincinnati south of Route 28 on Route 133. 114 campsites 108 electric, showers, flush toilets camp store, laundry facilities, pet camping, Deluxe 14' x 20' camper cabin, launch ramp, hunting, fishing, beach, picnicking, tables, grills, two picnic shelters, five miles of hiking trails, volleyball, basketball courts, horseshoe pits, playground equipment, bike and boat rental, and a basketball court.
- For camping and getaway rental reservations on any of Ohio's Parks tel. 1+ 866-644-6727.
The mailing address and actual location of these parks may be two different locations: For more detailed information on these and other Ohio State Parks, contact the Ohio Department of Natural Resources - Division of Parks and Recreation. Click here. 
- Port Columbus International Airport, 4600 International Gateway, Columbus. PH:(614)-239-4083  Port Columbus International Airport (IATA: CMH) is served by all the major airlines, with direct flights to most major American cities.
- If you wish to ferry accross the Ohio River, there are three remaining commercial passenger ferries, Monroe County at Fly, to to Sisterville, West Virginia - Higginsport, Ohio in Brown County to Augusta, Kentucky - Cincinnati, Ohio to Constance, Kentucky. All-year, continous daily service. Weather permitting. Car=about $3.00 or less.
- Artimis  (The Advanced Regional Traffic Interactive Management & Information Center) provides detailed up-to-the-minute information on traffic status through out Southwest Ohio, Southeast Indiana, and Northern Kentucky. If in the Southwest Ohio area dial 511 to access the Artimis line. Otherwise you can dial 513-333-3333.
SORTA (Southwestern Ohio Regional Transit Authority) operates the Metro bus system, which serves Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Clermont County, and Warren County.
- Hopewell Culture National Historical Park in Chillicothe. A group of 23 earthen mounds built by the Hopewell culture, 200 BC to AD 500.
- Rosco Village in Coshocton. Restored Ohio & Erie Canal port village.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Amphitheatre - Tecumseh! in Chillicothe. Huge outdoor stages.
- Also worth a visit are the number of community festivals, including:
- Aces & Eights Harley Davidson . 2383 Kings Center Court in Mason. (513) 459-1777. "Where the legend lives" is the motto of this premier Harley dealer. You can buy new or used bikes, as well as purchase all the parts, accessories, and apparel to keep you and your hog in tip-top shape.
- Deerfield Towne Center . 5305 Deerfield Boulevard in Mason. (513) 770-0273. Contemporary, open-air mall facility featuring retailers like Ann Taylor, Bed Bath & Beyond, Borders, Coldwater Creek, Dick's, Lane Bryant, New York & Company, and Wild Oats.
- Fella Bella Shoppe . 28 South Broadway in Lebanon. (513) 932-9936. In business for over 60 years, Fella Bella Shoppe is a specialty store for infants and children. They offer girls clothing from size preemie to 16 and boys from preemie to 7. They also carry a wide variety of quality gifts – treasures for a lifetime.
- Kings Mill General Store & Christmas Shop . 5687 Columbia Road in Kings Mill, just minutes from attractions like Kings Island and Great Wolf Lodge in Mason. (800) 327-5639. From Fontanini Nativities and Nutcrackers to animal, holiday, and character-themed ornaments, this quaint establishment provides a fantasy in every room. For 23 years, this family-owned business has been a must-see for individuals and groups alike.
- Ohio Beads and Gems . 105 E. Main St., Ste. 102 in Mason. 513.770.5564. Specialty Retail Store for Beads, Bulk Jewelry Chain, Jewelry Findings, Tools and Instruction. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 10 AM to 6 PM; Thursday 10 AM to 8 PM; Saturday 10 AM to 5 PM; Closed Sunday.
- OhioBeads.com . 3116 W. Montgomery Rd., Ste. 300, in Maineville. 513.476.5564. Express Your Unique Style with Your Own Beaded Jewelry. Shop at OhioBeads.com for the jewelry making supplies to make your special jewellery fashion.
- Spencer's Antiques & Imports . 274 South Main Street in Waynesville. (866) 897-7775. An impressive inventory housed in 5 buildings and over 20,000 square feet. Treasures you will find include collectible toys, original oil paintings, new Fiesta, Tiffany-style lamps, imported mahogany Chippendale furniture, French armoires, and much more.
- The Workshops of David T. Smith . 3600 Shawhan Road in Morrow. (888) 353-9387. The Original Craftsmen for reproduction museum quality 18th & 19th century furniture, pottery, and handmade kitchens. They have done design work personally for Oprah and Ralph Lauren and appeared in Country Living magazine! In 1990, Rodale Press published American Country Furniture - Projects From The Workshops of David T. Smith, a chronicle and selection of furniture plans.
- The Golden Lamb Inn & Restaurant . 27 South Broadway in Lebanon. (513) 932-5065. You can enjoy great dishes like leg of lamb, Tuscan meatloaf, or juicy prime rib in a historic setting visited by twelve U.S. presidents and popular American figures Mark Twain and Stephen Foster.
- The Village Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant . 22 South Broadway in Lebanon. (513) 932-6918. Historic old-fashioned ice cream parlor and soda fountain. Two movies, Harper Valley PTA (1977) and Milk Money (1993), shot scenes inside Village. Food offerings include everything from healthy soups and salads to decadent hot fudge sundaes.
- One Restaurant & Lounge . 202 West Main Street in Mason. (513) 336-0042. Voted "Best New Restaurant, 2005" by the Cincinnati Enquirer. Located in historic downtown Mason, One serves Redefined Modern American Cuisine in an enduringly stylish atmosphere. Come experience a truly one-of-a-kind restaurant. Find out what readers of the Cincinnati Enquirer, CinWeekly, Nation's Restaurant News, and Global Chefs already know.
- Der Dutchman Restaurant . 230 North U.S. Route 42 in Waynesville. (513) 897-4716 Experience genuine hospitality and a menu that features mouth-watering comfort food with roots in Ohio's Amish Country.
- Amor de Brazil Fiery Steakhouse . 5150 Merten Drive in Mason (513) 336-0043. Amor de Brazil offers a fine dining experience with the highest quality in its selection of 15 cuts of grilled meats with seasonings and marinades that represent a tradition of great flavors. Enjoy their salad extravaganza with as many as 50 different items.
- Brotzeit Deli . 30 East Mulberry Street in Lebanon. (513) 282-6500. You can spice up your trip by visiting the new Brotzeit Deli for a taste of authentic German cuisine. Its menu features some of the best bratwurst, liverwurst, and reubens around.
- Arloi Dee Thai Bistro . 4920 Socialville-Foster Road in Mason. (513) 229-3997. Arloi Dee’s authentic Thai cuisine is flavored with a variety of fresh herbs and distinct spices, which creates a wide range of exotic tastes. The food ranges from mild and subtly flavored dishes to hot and fiery. Arloi Dee has been featured in publications like the Cincinnati Enquirer and Ohio Magazine.
- The Breakfast Club Cafe . 102 North Broadway in Lebanon. (513) 932-0210. The Breakfast Club Cafe is in the heart of downtown Lebanon. Its staples are freshly roasted coffees, made-to-order foods, and uncompromising service. Try breakfast favorites like Buttermilk Pancakes and the Viva Mexican omlette or enjoy lunch with a Half-Pound Burger or Baguette Sandwich. Hours are Monday-Sunday, 7:00am to 3:00pm.
Heed all weather warnings provided by the National Weather Service. Television stations keep updated maps of severe weather on the screens.