The Southwest is a region of Ohio.
- If you wish to ferry accross the Ohio River, there are three remaining commercial passenger ferries, Monroe County at Fly, to to Sisterville, West Virginia - Higginsport, Ohio in Brown County to Augusta, Kentucky - Cincinnati, Ohio to Constance, Kentucky. All-year, continous daily service. Weather permitting. Car=about $3.00 or less.
- Artimis  (The Advanced Regional Traffic Interactive Management & Information Center) provides detailed up-to-the-minute information on traffic status through out Southwest Ohio, Southeast Indiana, and Northern Kentucky. If in the Southwest Ohio area dial 511 to access the Artimis line. Otherwise you can dial 513-333-3333.
SORTA (Southwestern Ohio Regional Transit Authority) operates the Metro bus system, which serves Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Clermont County, and Warren County.
- Hopewell Culture National Historical Park  , 16062 State Route 104, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601. A group of 23 earthen mounds built by the Hopewell culture, 200 BC to AD 500.
- Rosco Village [], 381 Hill St., Coshocton, OH 43812 PH:740-622-9310 or 800-877-1830. Restored Ohio & Erie Canal port village.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Amphitheatre - Tecumseh! [], 5968 Marietta Road, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601 Huge outdoor stages.
- Also worth a visit are the number of community festivals, including:
A particular problem in mid-Spring and even as far late as late-Fall is tornado activity in the tristate area. Heed all weather warnings provided by the National Weahter Service. Television stations keep updated maps of severe weather on the screens. Some radio stations are not as good at alerting people to severe weather. Please see Tornado safety for more information.