| || |
* [[Cincinnati (Ohio)
* [[Cincinnati (Ohio)Cincinnati]]
* [[Dayton (Ohio)|Dayton]]
* [[Dayton (Ohio)|Dayton]]
* [[Hamilton (Ohio)|Hamilton]]
* [[Hamilton (Ohio)|Hamilton]]
Revision as of 15:49, 5 August 2007
The Southwest is a region of Ohio.
- Shawnee Resort & Conference Center,  4404 State Route 125, Ohio. Located in the 63,000-acre Shawnee forest, the Shawnee Resort & Conference Center offers a many vacation attractions and amenities, golfing along Ohio River, indoor or outdoor pool. 65 miles of adjacent hiking trails, ideal for avid hikers or photographers. A cedar and flagstone lodge with 50 rooms, 25 2 bedroom cottages, and the O-Hee-Yuh Restaurant. Portsmouth Southeast Ohio.
- Port Columbus International Airport, 4600 International Gateway, Columbus. PH:(614)-239-4083  Port Columbus International Airport (IATA: CMH) is served by all the major airlines, with direct flights to most major American cities.
- If you wish to ferry accross the Ohio River, there are three remaining commercial passenger ferries, Monroe County at Fly, to to Sisterville, West Virginia - Higginsport, Ohio in Brown County to Augusta, Kentucky - Cincinnati, Ohio to Constance, Kentucky. All-year, continous daily service. Weather permitting. Car=about $3.00 or less.
- Artimis  (The Advanced Regional Traffic Interactive Management & Information Center) provides detailed up-to-the-minute information on traffic status through out Southwest Ohio, Southeast Indiana, and Northern Kentucky. If in the Southwest Ohio area dial 511 to access the Artimis line. Otherwise you can dial 513-333-3333.
SORTA (Southwestern Ohio Regional Transit Authority) operates the Metro bus system, which serves Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Clermont County, and Warren County.
- Hopewell Culture National Historical Park in Chillicothe. A group of 23 earthen mounds built by the Hopewell culture, 200 BC to AD 500.
- Rosco Village in Coshocton. Restored Ohio & Erie Canal port village.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Amphitheatre - Tecumseh! in Chillicothe. Huge outdoor stages.
- Also worth a visit are the number of community festivals, including:
- Aces & Eights Harley Davidson . 2383 Kings Center Court in Mason. (513) 459-1777. "Where the legend lives" is the motto of this premier Harley dealer. You can buy new or used bikes, as well as purchase all the parts, accessories, and apparel to keep you and your hog in tip-top shape.
- Deerfield Towne Center . 5305 Deerfield Boulevard in Mason. (513) 770-0273. Contemporary, open-air mall facility featuring retailers like Ann Taylor, Bed Bath & Beyond, Borders, Coldwater Creek, Dick's, Lane Bryant, New York & Company, and Wild Oats.
- Fella Bella Shoppe . 28 South Broadway in Lebanon. (513) 932-9936. In business for over 60 years, Fella Bella Shoppe is a specialty store for infants and children. They offer girls clothing from size preemie to 16 and boys from preemie to 7. They also carry a wide variety of quality gifts – treasures for a lifetime.
- Kings Mill General Store & Christmas Shop . 5687 Columbia Road in Kings Mill, just minutes from attractions like Kings Island and Great Wolf Lodge in Mason. (800) 327-5639. From Fontanini Nativities and Nutcrackers to animal, holiday, and character-themed ornaments, this quaint establishment provides a fantasy in every room. For 23 years, this family-owned business has been a must-see for individuals and groups alike.
- Ohio Beads and Gems . 105 E. Main St., Ste. 102 in Mason. 513.770.5564. Specialty Retail Store for Beads, Bulk Jewelry Chain, Jewelry Findings, Tools and Instruction. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 10 AM to 6 PM; Thursday 10 AM to 8 PM; Saturday 10 AM to 5 PM; Closed Sunday.
- OhioBeads.com . 3116 W. Montgomery Rd., Ste. 300, in Maineville. 513.476.5564. Express Your Unique Style with Your Own Beaded Jewelry. Shop at OhioBeads.com for the jewelry making supplies to make your special jewellery fashion.
- Spencer's Antiques & Imports . 274 South Main Street in Waynesville. (866) 897-7775. An impressive inventory housed in 5 buildings and over 20,000 square feet. Treasures you will find include collectible toys, original oil paintings, new Fiesta, Tiffany-style lamps, imported mahogany Chippendale furniture, French armoires, and much more.
- The Workshops of David T. Smith . 3600 Shawhan Road in Morrow. (888) 353-9387. The Original Craftsmen for reproduction museum quality 18th & 19th century furniture, pottery, and handmade kitchens. They have done design work personally for Oprah and Ralph Lauren and appeared in Country Living magazine! In 1990, Rodale Press published American Country Furniture - Projects From The Workshops of David T. Smith, a chronicle and selection of furniture plans.
- The Golden Lamb Inn & Restaurant . 27 South Broadway in Lebanon. (513) 932-5065. You can enjoy great dishes like leg of lamb, Tuscan meatloaf, or juicy prime rib in a historic setting visited by twelve U.S. presidents and popular American figures Mark Twain and Stephen Foster.
- The Village Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant . 22 South Broadway in Lebanon. (513) 932-6918. Historic old-fashioned ice cream parlor and soda fountain. Two movies, Harper Valley PTA (1977) and Milk Money (1993), shot scenes inside Village. Food offerings include everything from healthy soups and salads to decadent hot fudge sundaes.
- One Restaurant & Lounge . 202 West Main Street in Mason. (513) 336-0042. Voted "Best New Restaurant, 2005" by the Cincinnati Enquirer. Located in historic downtown Mason, One serves Redefined Modern American Cuisine in an enduringly stylish atmosphere. Come experience a truly one-of-a-kind restaurant. Find out what readers of the Cincinnati Enquirer, CinWeekly, Nation's Restaurant News, and Global Chefs already know.
- Der Dutchman Restaurant . 230 North U.S. Route 42 in Waynesville. (513) 897-4716 Experience genuine hospitality and a menu that features mouth-watering comfort food with roots in Ohio's Amish Country.
- Amor de Brazil Fiery Steakhouse . 5150 Merten Drive in Mason (513) 336-0043. Amor de Brazil offers a fine dining experience with the highest quality in its selection of 15 cuts of grilled meats with seasonings and marinades that represent a tradition of great flavors. Enjoy their salad extravaganza with as many as 50 different items.
- Brotzeit Deli . 30 East Mulberry Street in Lebanon. (513) 282-6500. You can spice up your trip by visiting the new Brotzeit Deli for a taste of authentic German cuisine. Its menu features some of the best bratwurst, liverwurst, and reubens around.
- Arloi Dee Thai Bistro . 4920 Socialville-Foster Road in Mason. (513) 229-3997. Arloi Dee’s authentic Thai cuisine is flavored with a variety of fresh herbs and distinct spices, which creates a wide range of exotic tastes. The food ranges from mild and subtly flavored dishes to hot and fiery. Arloi Dee has been featured in publications like the Cincinnati Enquirer and Ohio Magazine.
- The Breakfast Club Cafe . 102 North Broadway in Lebanon. (513) 932-0210. The Breakfast Club Cafe is in the heart of downtown Lebanon. Its staples are freshly roasted coffees, made-to-order foods, and uncompromising service. Try breakfast favorites like Buttermilk Pancakes and the Viva Mexican omlette or enjoy lunch with a Half-Pound Burger or Baguette Sandwich. Hours are Monday-Sunday, 7:00am to 3:00pm.
A particular problem in mid-Spring and even as far late as late-Fall is tornado activity in the tristate area. Heed all weather warnings provided by the National Weahter Service. Television stations keep updated maps of severe weather on the screens. Some radio stations are not as good at alerting people to severe weather. Please see Tornado safety for more information.