Southwest Bulgaria is in Bulgaria.
- Dupnica - A large town at the foot of the Rila mountain.It's located 65km (40 miles) south from Sofia and 35 km (21 miles)north from Blagoevgrad.This is a quiet town with a beautiful nature and a great view to the biggest mountain in Bulgaria - Rila.The town is famous as the "Little Italy", due to the great number of people who have gone to work in in many cities there.Another reason for this nickname are the many used car lots,in which most of the cars are brought in from Italy.
- Blagoevgrad - the center city of Southwest Bulgaria.It's located about 90km(50 miles)south from the capital Sofia.Blagoevgrad is known for the beautiful nature that surrounds it,the many local cultural sights and festivals.This is a busy and fast growing city.One may enjoy here many aspects of bulgarian national culture - the traditions live on here.Blagoevgrad is located in the northeast part of the historical geographic area of Macedonia. The town is famous for it's nightlife , supported by a great number of pubs,called here krychmi or mehani(In Bulgarian - кръчми and механи)
Melnik (Мелник) - sample wonderful red wines from the region, see the sand pyramids, and take the long hike to Rozhen Monastery
- Bansko (Банско) - a beautiful old town in the Pirin mountains with refurbished homes, stone wall, and cobblestone streets, but increasingly being overtaken by resort hotels, as Bansko is a major ski destination in South-East Europe. The highest peak of Pirin Mountain (Vihren - 2916m) is at a day's walk from the city. In the middle of August, the Bansko Jazz Festival  is held here. Not far away from Bansko, there are hot-water mineral springs, located at the villages of Banya (Баня) and Ognianovo (Огняново).
- Semkovo (Семково) - a mountain resort 17 km to the north of the town of Belitsa. It’s situated south of the main ridges of the Rila Mountains, nestling in a wide field among pine forests.
- Velingrad (Велинград) - The city is surrounded by the Rhodope Mountains. There are more than 70 mineral springs nearby, making it the city with the most mineral springs in a country rich with these vital waters.