Southeastern France is a region in France.
- Aix-en-Provence — city of water, city of art.
- Avignon — well known for its Palace of the Popes where several popes and antipopes lived from the early 14th to early 15th centuries.
- Cannes — home of the rich and famous, host of the annual Cannes Film Festival.
- Grenoble — large academic centre where the Winter Olympic Games of 1968 took place .
- Lyon — France's second city with a history from Roman times to the Resistance
- Marseille — big harbor and the heart of the Provence.
- Nice — a major resort on the French Riviera and the gateway to Monaco.
You can fly into either Marseilles or Nice from most major European and Intercontinental Destinations, including the US. Popular with budget (easyJet) and full service airlines (British Airways, KLM etc)
Toulon-Hyéres Airport also operates domestic flights and short haul European and African routes. Popular with some Budget airlines.
Avignon Airport is also popular, especially with budget airlines.
Montpelier Airport is also an option
A wide variety of both exotic but unsusal foods, for example, frogs legs, snails are two well known delicacies of the region!
- L'Oustau de Baumaniere, 13520 Les Baux De Provence, ☎ 33(0)4 90 54 33 07, . How to describe it? A bucket-list restaurant. A place that's worth the effort if your within a 200km of Les Baux. Les Baux is just something to see even if you're not hungry-an exquisite medieval town in the South of France, amid hillsides brushed with lavender as if painted by Monet. I'm not a food snob but have been fortunate enough to be blessed with a job requiring a lot of travel. This is quite easily the best restaurant I've ever had the opportunity to dine in. Vallon de la Fontaine firstname.lastname@example.org Moderately expensive.