Cliffs and hotels in Sorrento
Sorrento is in Campania. The town features beautiful architecture, many cafes and restaurants, and shops catering to tourists. As it is on the Circumvesuviana rail system it is easily reached from Naples and an ideal base for visiting Pompeii and Ercolano. Ferries regularly commute between Sorrento for Capri, making Sorrento an ideal base for exploring that island as well.
- For other places with the same name, see Sorrento (disambiguation).
- From Naples Airport ('Capodichino'): You can reach Sorrento by bus, from Capodichino to Sorrento busses depart six times daily
- By train: The Circumvesuviana goes from Naples along the coast ending in Sorrento.
- By bus: The Sita buses from Positano and Amalfi end in Sorrento.
- By car:From Naples' Tangenziale drive south towards Costiera Sorrentina, and be prepared to spend 1.5 hours in the traffic.
- By Boat:From Naples, Ischia and Capri. This is a lot faster than by car.
A trip to Sorrento is full of possibilities, enjoy a splash in the Naples Bay, a walk through the lively pedistrian only steets at night, or an enjoyable day exploring the ruins of Pompeii. A short trip to Naples will take you to the National Museum that houses some of the best frescoe's and art work from Pompeii. You can catch a bus that takes you on a spectacular but hair raising drive through the Amalfi Coast. You will pass through villages built along the cliffs that have some of the most beautiful churches and architecture in the area. Take a ferry to the Isle of Capri where you can shop like you are on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, or take the walk through tree lined walkways to the Nature Park. Capri also has the famed Blue Lagoon, and amazing cave with the most crystal blue waters imaginable. But, one of the most fun things you can do here is rent a motor scooter and explore on your own historic Capri.
- Local buses - the local bus service is good enough to visit all interesting places available in the area.
- Tourist Office in Sorrento " Magic Moments & More"
In the historical center of Sorrento Via Santa Maria Delle Grazie, 20, Sorrento 80067 (Na) Italy - Tel.+39 081 807 15 11| 
Marina Piccola in Sorrento
- Lemon terraces
- The pretty Small Port (Marina Piccola)
- The puntacampanella natural reserve 
- Villa Pollio roman ruins in Capo di Sorrento.
- Hotel Tramontano, where Norwegian writer Henrik Ibsen lived while writing parts of Peer Gynt (1867) and Ghosts (1881).
- Museo Correale di Terranova Sorrento's picture gallery
- Archeological Museum of the Sorrentine Peninsula
- Museo Bottega della Tasia Lignea A collection of local applied arts.
- Duomo (Cathedral)
- St. Francis Monastery
- Basilica di Sant'Antonino
- Hire a private charter boat take a day trip to Capri and along the Sorrento Coast or to the emerging tourist destination island of Ischia. Charter La Dolce Vita are the industry leaders on the Sorrento, Amalfi and Neapolitan Coasts and can suggest beautiful itineraries to suit your time frame whether it be you are a cruise ship guest and only have limited time to experience the best coastal sightseeing or you are long-time Sorrento visitors and just want a lazy day at sea. Visit: 
- Swim - Go to Marina Grande or (the better option) Marina Piccola. Some reserved areas with sand will ask for a 5-10€ entrance fee (which will also get you a seat and an umbrella). A much better and more spectacular option might even me Bagni Regina Giovanna, a nice little cove from the ocean in a secluded spot. Though a bit far, it's worth the trip (ask the locals for direction).
- Private Tours in Campania, Via Cristoforo Colombo 106, . We design tours and Packages in Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Sorrento, Naples and Capri tailored exactly to Your needs. We have detailed knowledge of Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Naples and Capri simply because the region of Campania is our Land.
- Sorrento Events, . Events in Sorrento Coast.
- Guide Pompei (Official Tour Guides), Pompei Ruins (Campania Region, Southern Italy), (firstname.lastname@example.org). Pompeii Tour Guide We are specialized in excursions all around Naples Area and throughout the territory defined Campania region.
- Dynamic Earth Adventures, (info@DynamicEarthAdventures.com), . An organization that arranges personalised tours to Vesuvius and Pompeii led by experienced tour guides and academics in the field.
- Private Tour In Italy provide daily shore excursion in Sorrento, Sant'Agnello, Piano, Meta and Massa Lubrense, starting from ports of Naples and Salerno. With private cars or vans we offer accurate transfer services.
One of the top souvenirs from the area is limoncello , the signature lemon liqueur. You can find it at Limonoro  Via San Cesareo, 51. This is a good place to see it being made, after which you’ll know why it packs such a punch – it’s basically pure alcohol with flavouring.
- Wine and limoncello shop located in the Historical centre of Sorrento, Named l'Alambicco , offer to the visitors also Limoncello free testing, is located just few steps from the main square "Piazza Tasso" via San Cesareo 15
- Leather and fashion shop located in Sorrento Historical centre, Named Iolanda moda e accessori , have large choise of bags, wallets, bijoux and shoes of the best signs like Valentino, Roccobarocco, Cromnia and more is in via San Cesareo 15 very close from the main square "Piazza Tasso"
- Notturno Intarsio has the most beautiful inlaid woods. Gorgeous tables, tea carts, pictures, music boxes. Notturno has been in business for hundreds of years and has the best woodworkers around. Take their tour to see how they make these beautiful pieces of art. They will usually have something on sale, perfect to bring something back to your friends and family. www.notturnointarsio.com/
- Private tours in Pompeii, Via Santa Lucia 15 Sorrento, ☎ 0039(0)815341600, . We design tours and Packages in Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Sorrento, Naples and Capri tailored exactly to Your needs. We have detailed knowledge of Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Naples and Capri simply because the region of Campania is our Land.
- Gnocchi alla Sorrentina - potato gnocchi with tomato sauce and mozzarella baked to perfection.
- The "Pastiera" a typical cake that is produced in the area.
- The excellent olive oil produced in Penisola Sorrentina, this product to be prized in many events.
- The photo gallery of famous Pizza in some its typical versions 
- The artichoke or aubergines "parmigiana" is a typical dish that is made with tomatoes and cheese.
- Limoncello di Sorrento, a strong liquor made from lemon rind. Also try other similar liquors such as Crema al Limone (like Limoncello but cream-based and less strong) as well as local wines (like Falanghina, Lachryma Christi, etc.).
- Villa Rubinacci Restaurant, Via Correale, 25 - 80067 Sorrento - Ph. +39 081.8781151 - Fax +39 081.8072016 . Villa Rubinacci is Hotel Eden's restaurant à la carte, open to both the public and hotel guests. Elegant furnishings in a bright room including outdoor seating in the delightful park settings enhance the chef's traditionally local Sorrentina and Italian cuisine with a creative international flair. Don't miss the famous local pizza prepared in various specialities.
- The Red Lion  is a small, cheap, and surprisingly delicious restaurant, known for catering to tour groups. Traditional limoncello is served after meals.
- Don Alfonso 1890 Restaurant , Corso S. Agata, 13, 80064 Sant'Agata sui due Golfi - Sorrento, tel. +39 081 533 05 58 fax +39 081 533 07 77
- Pizzeria Da Franco, Corso Italia 265, Sorrento - Ph. +39 081-877-2066. € 6 pizzas, hot sandwiches, beer, wine, limoncello.
Ice Cream Shops
- Gelateria Davide, Via Giuliani, 35. One of the best gelaterias in the city, this little ice-cream parlour is famous for it's gelato that incorporates fresh local flavours. Don't miss the Profumi di Sorrento (with fresh local citrus fruits) or the Noci di Sorrento (with fresh local nuts).
- Casa Gilda Charming House – Marina Grande - Cap: 80067, Sorrento, Italy. . Telephone +39 3388560460• Fax +39 0810098763. You can rent a small piece of Sorrento history. One of the few houses in Sorrento directly on the sea. Casa Gilda Charming House is situated in Sorrento's most picturesque corner, Marina Grande. The house has hot & cool air conditioning, TV with International channels, outside shower, baby cot, hair dryer. The house is suitable for up to 6 people. Car Not needed. The price goes from 80 euros daily.
- La Terrazza Holidays House – Sant'Agnello - Zip: 80065, Sorrento, Italy. . Telephone +39 3383033219•. Amazing house with 70 mt. sq. sea view terrace overlooking the wonderful Bay of Naples. Ideal situation for excursions along the Sorrento & Amalfi Coast, Capri, Ischia, Pompeii, Vesuve and Naples. La Terrazza is composed of a fully equipped modern kitchen, 3 double or triple bedrooms, a living area with double sofa bed, and 2 bathroom with shower or tub. There is an exclusive large sun terrace sea view of 70 sq mt equipped with barbecue, shower, sun beds and sun umbrellas. It is suitable for up to 13 people. Free car park. The price goes from 80 euros daily.
- Hotel Dania Sorrento – Via Capo 69 - Cap: 80067, Sorrento, Italy. . Telephone +39 081 8073572 • Fax +39 081 8071196. The Dania is a three star hotel of the southern city of Sorrento, situated in the province of Naples and at the beginning of the Amalfi Coast. This three star resort presents 52 unique bedrooms divided in single, double and tripe, all with private bathroom and sea view (some with balcony and terrace), and, among the public areas, swimming pool, restaurant and garden. The price of a double goes from 90 to 76 euros.
- Hotel Desiree, Via del Capo 31B, +39 0818 781 563. Ten minutes by foot from the city center, Hotel Desiree is a sweet old hotel perched on the edge of a cliff. Some rooms have great views of the sea, others don't. Rooms are small but clean and rates include a light breakfast- highlight is friendly, knowledgeable staff. $70-$110.
- Hotel Nice Sorrento – Corso Italia, 257 - Cap: 80069, Sorrento, Italy. . Telephone +39 081 8781650 • Fax +39 081 8783086. The Nice Hotel Sorrento offers cheap accommodations without compromising hospitality and services. The staff of the Hotel Nice, in fact, will be available for any kind of reservations, and the breakfast is included in the price. This cheap hotel of Sorrento also present a very large selection of guestrooms and rates, divided in double, triple and quadruple, standard and economy, starting from euros 90.
- Ville Vieille B&B Sorrento – Via Meta Amalfi, 80- Cap: 80063, Piano di Sorrento (NA), Italy. . Telephone +39 081 5333481 • Fax +39 081 5333481. The Ville Vieille is a familiar and convenient Bed and Breakfast located on the Amalfi Coast, between Sorrento and the beautiful town of Positano, with a fantastic view on the Sorrento Bay. Starting from 60 euros, at the Ville Vieille B&B the rates change according to the season and include the breakfast.
- B&B Villa Pollio (Bed and Breakfast Sorrento), Sorrento (Meta di Sorrento), ☎ + 39 338 86 30 102, . Bed and Breakfast Sorrento We will host you in a beautiful and relaxed atmosphere so you may enjoy every opportunity to spend a beautiful holiday in one of the most beautiful places in the world, situated between the sea, hills and mountains. We will personally furnish you with all information to allow you to fully appreciate your vacation.
- Ulisse Deluxe Hostel, Via del Mare, 22 - 80067, Sorrento (Naples), ☎ +39 081 8774753 (email@example.com), . checkin: 1300; checkout: 1100. Tucked down a side street, but less than 5 minutes walk from the town, the Ulisse is more a hotel than a hostel. It has the facilities of a 3 star hotel, air-conditioned, spacious and clean, and the desk staff are very helpful. The only thing not hotel-like is the price, where double rooms start from 31 euros per person (21 euros to sleep in a dormitory) and the sizeable continental breakfast is just 7 euros. It's also very highly rated at trip advisor , being recommended by 94% of 226 reviews at the time of writing.
- Hotel Villa Fiorita , Via Nastro Verde, 96 - 80067, Phone +39 0818780003 Fax +39 081 8080950 , - firstname.lastname@example.org - Hotel 3 stars with swimming pool, solarium and bar. Hotel with sea view. Prices starting from 50 eur per room per night with buffet breakfast included.
- Grand Hotel Hermitage Sorrento – Via Nastro Verde, 9 - Cap: 80064, Sant'Agata sui due Golfi (Na), Italy. . Telephone +39 081 8780082 • Fax +39 081 8780062. The Grand Hotel Hermitage is a four star hotel with swimming pool and restaurant located between Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. It presents 90 bedrooms divided in double, twin (also available with sea view) and triple. All with private bath and shower. The prices include the breakfast and vary from 89 to 109 euros.
- Hotel Villa Margherita , Corso M. Crawford 77 - S. Agnello di Sorrento (ZIP code: 80065) - Ph. +39 081.8781381 - Fax +39 081.8784759 . Hotel Villa Margherita is a gorgeous residence which has been recently renovated to offer guests good comfort for a three star hotel. Single rooms from €73 doubles from €108, triples from €140.
- Villa Romita Sorrento – Via Nastro Verde, 9- Cap: 80067, Sorrento, Italy. . Telephone +39 081 8780082 • Fax +39 081 8780062. The Villa Romita Sorrento is a former farmhouse of the 19th century turned into an elegant and well furnished four star hotel with swimming pool, spa centre, restaurant and bar, located on the hillside around Sorrento and with a fantastic sea view on the Amalfi Coast, also available for weddings. Double rooms €70.
- Hotel Le Axidie" Via Marina di Equa - 80069 - Vico Equense [NA] Italy Ph: +39 0818028562 Fax: +390818028565
Corso Italia, 221 - 80067, Sorrento Italy
Ph +390818772210 Fax +390230135574
The Hotel Sorrento City is set in the middle of the two main squares of Sorrento, Piazza Tasso and Piazza Lauro, right in the center, next to the supermarket, trendy shops, theatre and the cinema, beside the circumvesuviana train station and the port, at the same time isolated from the busy day-life of Sorrento.
Via Madonna di Roselle, 20/A 80063 Piano di Sorrento (Na) Italy Phone 081/53.21.832 - Fax 081/87.88.368
Costa Alta resort, is located on the Sorrento Coast and it is the ideal solution for an holiday in Sorrento where you can enjoy open air and nature.
Resort Costa Alta offers accomodations in bungalows, chalet and touring caravans.
Thanks to the surrounding gardens and the convenient prices, it may be considered an ideal campsite; the services and the comfortable premises will not turn down your expectations.
- Holidays in Villa (Villas to rent in Sorrento), Sorrento, . Villas in Sorrento Quality villas, apartments and cottages in Sorrento Coast. Travel agency specialized in the rental of exclusive villas and country houses with swimming pool and high quality features.
- Relais Villa Saverese (Boutique Hotel Sorrento), Corso M. Crawford, 59 - 80065 Sant'Agnello - Sorrento, . Splendid park of palms and citrus trees hides an elegant late 19th century patrician residence home of Relais Villa Savarese, a prestigious charming boutique hotel in Sorrento; combines rooms rich in history, such as the library with its antiques and vintage books, with modern comforts and professional service. € 100 - € 420.
- Villa Serena (Sorrento vacation Villa rentals), Via Pantano, 21/a, . An exclusive vacation villa rental of Sorrento. It is an ideal place for a family holiday or a group of 6 friends. The villa stands in particularly beautiful and evocative scenery, in the location of Capo di Sorrento.
- Hotel Excelsior Vittoria, 34 Piazza Tasso, ☎ +39 081 877 7111, . Enjoy stunning views of Vesuvius and the Gulf of Naples from this luxury aristocratic hotel in Sorrento, set in five acres of peaceful gardens. Euro: 350-630.