Cliffs and hotels in Sorrento
Sorrento is in Campania. The town features beautiful architecture, many cafes and restaurants, and shops catering to tourists. As it is on the Circumvesuviana rail system it is an ideal base for visiting Pompeii and Ercolano. Ferries regularly commute between Sorrento for Capri, making Sorrento an ideal base for exploring that island as well.
- For other places with the same name, see Sorrento (disambiguation).
- From Naples Airport ('Capodichino'): You can reach Sorrento by bus, from Capodichino to Sorrento busses depart six times daily
- By train: The Circumvesuviana goes from Naples along the coast ending in Sorrento.
- By bus: The Sita buses from Positano and Amalfi end in Sorrento.
- By car:From Naples' Tangenziale drive south towards Costiera Sorrentina, and be prepared to spend 1.5 hours in the traffic.
- By Boat:From Naples, Ischia and Capri. This is a lot faster than by car.
A trip to Sorrento is full of possibilities, enjoy a splash in the Naples Bay, a walk through the lively pedistrian only steets at night, or an enjoyable day exploring the ruins of Pompeii. A short trip to Naples will take you to the National Museum that houses some of the best frescoe's and art work from Pompeii. You can catch a bus that takes you on a spectacular but hair raising drive through the Amalfi Coast. You will pass through villages built along the cliffs that have some of the most beautiful churches and architecture in the area. Take a ferry to the Isle of Capri where you can shop like you are on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, or take the walk through tree lined walkways to the Nature Park. Capri also has the famed Blue Lagoon, and amazing cave with the most crystal blue waters imaginable. But, one of the most fun things you can do here is rent a motor scooter and explore on your own historic Capri.
- Local buses - the local bus service is good enough to visit all interesting places available in the area.
Marina Piccola in Sorrento
- Lemon terraces
- The pretty Small Port (Marina Piccola)
- The puntacampanella natural reserve 
- Villa Pollio roman ruins in Capo di Sorrento.
- Hotel Tramontano, where Norwegian writer Henrik Ibsen lived while writing parts of Peer Gynt (1867) and Ghosts (1881).
- Museo Correale di Terranova Sorrento's picture gallery
- Archeological Museum of the Sorrentine Peninsula
- Museo Bottega della Tasia Lignea A collection of local applied arts.
- Duomo (Cathedral)
- St. Francis Monastery
- Basilica di san Antonio
- Hire a private charter boat take a day trip to Capri and along the Sorrento Coast or to the emerging tourist destination island of Ischia. Charter La Dolce Vita are the industry leaders on the Sorrento, Amalfi and Neapolitan Coasts and can suggest beautiful itineraries to suit your time frame whether it be you are a cruise ship guest and only have limited time to experience the best coastal sightseeing or you are long-time Sorrento visitors and just want a lazy day at sea. Visit: 
- Dynamic Earth Adventures, (info@DynamicEarthAdventures.com), . An organization that arranges personalised tours to Vesuvius and Pompeii led by experienced tour guides and academics in the field.
One of the top souvenirs from the area is limoncello , the signature lemon liqueur. You can find it at Limonoro  Via San Cesareo, 51. This is a good place to see it being made, after which you’ll know why it packs such a punch – it’s basically pure alcohol with flavouring.
- Wine and limoncello shop located in the Historical centre of Sorrento, Named l'Alambicco , offer to the visitors also Limoncello free testing, is located just few steps from the main square "Piazza Tasso" via San Cesareo 15
- Leather and fashion shop located in Sorrento Historical centre, Named Iolanda moda e accessori , have large choise of bags, wallets, bijoux and shoes of the best signs like Valentino, Roccobarocco, Cromnia and more is in via San Cesareo 15 very close from the main square "Piazza Tasso"
- Notturno Intarsio has the most beautiful inlaid woods. Gorgeous tables, tea carts, pictures, music boxes. Notturno has been in business for hundreds of years and has the best woodworkers around. Take their tour to see how they make these beautiful pieces of art. They will usually have something on sale, perfect to bring something back to your friends and family. www.notturnointarsio.com/
- The "Pastiera" a typical cake that is produced in the area.
- The excellent olive oil produced in Penisola Sorrentina, this product to be prized in many events.
- The photo gallery of famous Pizza in some its typical versions 
- The artichoke or aubergines "parmigiana" is a typical dish that is made with tomatoes and cheese.
- Limoncello di Sorrento, a strong liquor made from lemon rind.
- Villa Rubinacci Restaurant, Via Correale, 25 - 80067 Sorrento - Ph. +39 081.8781151 - Fax +39 081.8072016 . Villa Rubinacci is Hotel Eden's restaurant à la carte, open to both the public and hotel guests. Elegant furnishings in a bright room including outdoor seating in the delightful park settings enhance the chef's traditionally local Sorrentina and Italian cuisine with a creative international flair. Don't miss the famous local pizza prepared in various specialities.
- The Red Lion  is a small, cheap, and surprisingly delicious restaurant, known for catering to tour groups. Traditional limoncello is served after meals.
- Don Alfonso 1890 Restaurant , Corso S. Agata, 13, 80064 Sant'Agata sui due Golfi - Sorrento, tel. +39 081 533 05 58 fax +39 081 533 07 77
- Pizzeria Da Franco, Corso Italia 265, Sorrento - Ph. +39 081-877-2066. € 6 pizzas, hot sandwiches, beer, wine, limoncello.
Ice Cream Shops
- Gelateria Davide, Via Giuliani, 35. One of the best gelaterias in the city, this little ice-cream parlour is famous for it's gelato that incorporates fresh local flavours. Don't miss the Profumi di Sorrento (with fresh local citrus fruits) or the Noci di Sorrento (with fresh local nuts).
- B&b Casa Dominova, via P.R. Giuliani 58, 80067, tel +39 081 8773446, fax +39 081 8781927. . Bed and breakfast located in the center of Sorrento.
- Hotel Dania Sorrento – Via Capo 69 - Cap: 80067, Sorrento, Italy. . Telephone +39 081 8073572 • Fax +39 081 8071196. The Dania is a three star hotel of the southern city of Sorrento, situated in the province of Naples and at the beginning of the Amalfi Coast. This three star resort presents 52 unique bedrooms divided in single, double and tripe, all with private bathroom and sea view (some with balcony and terrace), and, among the public areas, swimming pool, restaurant and garden. The price of a double goes from 90 to 76 euros.
- Hotel Desiree, Via del Capo 31B, +39 0818 781 563. Ten minutes by foot from the city center, Hotel Desiree is a sweet old hotel perched on the edge of a cliff. Some rooms have great views of the sea, others don't. Rooms are small but clean and rates include a light breakfast- highlight is friendly, knowledgeable staff. $70-$110.
- Hotel Nice Sorrento – Corso Italia, 257 - Cap: 80069, Sorrento, Italy. . Telephone +39 081 8781650 • Fax +39 081 8783086. The Nice Hotel Sorrento offers cheap accommodations without compromising hospitality and services. The staff of the Hotel Nice, in fact, will be available for any kind of reservations, and the breakfast is included in the price. This cheap hotel of Sorrento also present a very large selection of guestrooms and rates, divided in double, triple and quadruple, standard and economy, starting from euros 90.
- Ulisse Deluxe, Via del Mare, 22 - 80067, ☎ +39 081.8774753 (fax: +39 081.8774093), .
- Ville Vieille B&B Sorrento – Via Meta Amalfi, 80- Cap: 80063, Piano di Sorrento (NA), Italy. . Telephone +39 081 5333481 • Fax +39 081 5333481. The Ville Vieille is a familiar and convenient Bed and Breakfast located on the Amalfi Coast, between Sorrento and the beautiful town of Positano, with a fantastic view on the Sorrento Bay. Starting from 60 euros, at the Ville Vieille B&B the rates change according to the season and include the breakfast.
- Hotel Villa Fiorita , Via Nastro Verde, 96 - 80067, Phone +39 0818780003 Fax +39 081 8080950 , - email@example.com - Hotel 3 stars with swimming pool, solarium and bar. Hotel with sea view. Prices starting from 50 eur per room per night with buffet breakfast included.
- Esperidi Resort , Viale dei Pini, 52 - 80065 Sant'Agnello di Sorrento Ph. +39 081.8783255 Fax +39 081.8785022 . The holiday village Esperidi Resort in Sorrento, offers holiday accommodation for a stay in Sorrento Italy; accommodation from low cost bungalows to villa and high range apartments.
- O Sole mio hotel , Via Deserto, 13 - 80064 Sant'Agata sui due Golfi - Sorrento - Naples - Italy Ph. Tel. +39 081 8780005 - Fax +39 081 8780426 . O sole mio hotel is placed in a beautiful panoramic point of Sorrento Coast and amalfi coast, is near great naturalistic footpaths, and is famous for his restaurant awarded.
- Hotel Villa Margherita , Corso M. Crawford 77 - S. Agnello di Sorrento (ZIP code: 80065) - Ph. +39 081.8781381 - Fax +39 081.8784759 . Hotel Villa Margherita is a gorgeous residence which has been recently renovated to offer guests good comfort for a three star hotel. Single rooms from €73 doubles from €108, triples from €140.
- Hotel Domus Porto Salvo, Via Nuovo Rione Cappuccini, 11 80065 Sant'Agnello di Sorrento Ph. +39 081.8774887 Fax +39 081.8774887 . Domus Porto Salvo is on the sea in the municipality of Sant'Agnello di Sorrento, a few minutes from Sorrento, overlooking the lovely Bay of Naples. This spot is an oasis of peace and quiet with a unique cozy ambiance where guests can relax surrounded by nature. Single rooms from €55 Doubles from €80.
- Villa Romantica , Via Montecorbo 1/A - Massa Lubrense (ZIP code: 80061) - Ph. +39 081 8789370 - Fax +39 081 8789370  beautiful holiday villa in Peninsula Sorrentina overlooking Capri Island,this is in a very quiet place, is surrounded from a 4000 square meters garden with the typical plant of the area, the lemons and olives.
- Villa Romita Sorrento – Via Nastro Verde, 9- Cap: 80067, Sorrento, Italy. . Telephone +39 081 8780082 • Fax +39 081 8780062. The Villa Romita Sorrento is a former farmhouse of the 19th century turned into an elegant and well furnished four star hotel with swimming pool, spa centre, restaurant and bar, located on the hillside around Sorrento and with a fantastic sea view on the Amalfi Coast, also available for weddings. Double rooms €70.
- Grand Hotel Angiolieri Sorrento – Via Santa Maria Vecchia, 2 - Cap: 80067, Penisola Sorrentina, Italy. . Telephone +39 081 8029161 • Fax +39 081 8028558. The Grand Hotel Angiolieri is an astonished five star hotel close to the little village of Seiano, in the province of Sorrento, which boasts a fantastic natural environment. Plus 40 newly renovated bedrooms with Jacuzzi bathtub, gourment restaurant (with the best of the Italian cousine), spa centre and panoramic swimming pool.
- Grand Hotel Hermitage Sorrento – Via Nastro Verde, 9 - Cap: 80064, Sorrento, Italy. . Telephone +39 081 8780082 • Fax +39 081 8780062. The Grand Hotel Hermitage is a four star hotel located outside the centre of Sorrento, precisely between the city and the village of Sant’Agata sui due Golfi. The rooms of the Grand Hotel Hermitage can host any kind of clientele, while among its public areas; this four hotel of Sorrento also presents swimming pool, restaurant, Spa and solarium facilities.
- Hotel Le Axidie Sorrento – Marina di Equa - Cap: 80069, Sorrento, Italy. . Telephone +39 081 8028562 • Fax +39 081 8028565. Wide selection of bedrooms, double, twin, triple and four self catering residences, for this family and yet luxury and comfortable four star hotel of Sorrento. Also available the Spa centre, private beach and sport facilities, as the 5 a side football field.
- Hotel De La Ville , Via Rota, 15, 80067, tel. +39 081.8782144 fax +39 081.8772201. The warm Sorrento atmosphere, the relaxing environment and every comfort in the spectacular setting of the Gulf of Naples.
- Hotel la Solara Sorrento – Via Capo, 118 - Cap: 80067, Sorrento, Italy. . Telephone +39 081 5338000 • Fax +39 081 8071501. The La Solara Hotel is a modern and yet family four star accommodation proud to offer 52 bedrooms (double, twin and 2 junior suites) with satellite TV and Wi-Fi internet connection. Also available two swimming pools (one for children), restaurant and gym, plus a comfortable transportation service to reach the nearby beach and the downtown of Sorrento.
- Hotel Villa Savarese , Corso M. Crawford 59, 80065, tel. +39 081.5324920 fax +39 081.8774187. 10 minutes from Sorrento, Relais Villa Savarese is a prestigious hotel ideal for spending a special vacation in the heart of the Sorrento penisola.
- Relais Don Alfonso , corso S. Agata, 13, 80064, tel. +39 081 533 05 58 fax +39 081 533 07 77. Relais Don Alfonso 1890 at Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi, 8 suites and an apartment between Sorrento and Positano, in the Sorrento Peninsula.
- Villa Le Tore, Via Le Tore, 10, ☎ +39 081.878.03.46 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +39 081.877.45.18), .
- Holidays in Villa , Sorrento, tel. +39 081 532 44 31 mob. +39 338 30 38 072. The most enchanting villas and cottage with swimming pool in Sorrento.
- Relais Regina Giovanna Sorrento – Via Calata di Puolo, 1 - Cap: 80067, Sorrento, Italy. . Telephone +39 081 5339908 • Fax +39 081 5339914. The Relais Regina Giovanna is a luxury four star hotel located just outside the city of Sorrento. With its 28 hectares of olive and lemon, private beach, restaurant and a fantastic view on the Bay of Naples and the Vulcan of Vesuvius, the Regina Giovanna is the perfect accommodation to taste the friendly countryside of Southern Italy.
- Hotel Excelsior Vittoria, 34 Piazza Tasso, 80067 Sorrento, ☎ +34 971 63 90 00 (ILAVittoria@ila-chateau.com, fax: +34 971 63 93 33), . Enjoy stunning views of Vesuvius and the Gulf of Naples from this luxury aristocratic hotel in Sorrento, set in five acres of peaceful gardens. Euro: 350-630.
- Crowne Plaza Stibbiae, (5 stars hotel),S.S. 145 Sorrentina, Km. 11 - 80053 Castellammare di Stabia (NA) Italy - Tel +39 081.39.46.700 (Fax +39 081.39.46.770, email email@example.com), . 5 Star Luxury hotel resort with views over Sorrento and Vesuvius. Restaurant, beauty centre, special excursions, private beach, free shuttle bus, and an International standard of hospitality.
- Relais Diana (Relais Diana), Via S.Maria del Toro 1, Sorrento, ☎ +39 081 8782970. Charming b&b located in elegant indipendent villa, with garden and panoramic terrace." €70-€200.
- Seaskyitaly , Sorrento,mob. +39 328 67 38 843. The nicest villas from a mid range to a luxury range with pool in Sorrento and on the Amalfi Cooast