Solana Beach  is a city on the northern coast of San Diego County in Southern California. It is near San Diego. It's a hangout for locals who love to surf, swim, and snorkel. This laid-back town offers a nice variety of galleries, shops, and trendy boutiques if shopping is on the agenda. There aren’t many tourists here, so expect plenty of room to breathe and stretch out.
Solana Beach is located about 20 miles north of San Diego on Interstate 5. Exit at Lomas Santa Fe or Villa de la Valle and head west.
The Solana Beach railway station is located downtown off of Lomas Santa Fe and Cedros. The station is serviced by Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner  and San Diego County's COASTER .
The closest international airport is San Diego International Airport (IATA: SAN) . From the airport, take San Diego Transit's Route 992 bus to the Santa Fe Depot and connect to the COASTER or the Pacific Surfliner.
Solana Beach is small enough to be navigated by car. Most of the time you won't stray far from Interstate 5.
The Breeze  is a public bus service operated by the North County Transit District within Solana Beach and the surrounding area.
The COASTER connects Solana Beach with other locations in San Diego County.
Solana Beach has one of the most beautiful seashores in Southern California. The atmosphere is more relaxed and peaceful than in nearby San Diego.
- Del Mar Dog Beach. Off-leash season runs October through May in the area south of 15th Street and north of 29th Street. The rest of the year, leashes are required.
- The Belly Up Tavern . 143 S. Cedros Ave., Solana Beach. Voted "San Diego's Best Live Music Venue" and has been in Rolling Stone Magazine.
- Fletcher Cove. From I-5, exit Lomas Santa Fe Drive and go west. Fletcher Cove is at the end.
- Antique Warehouse. The place to visit if you prefer all your antique choices under one massive roof. There are over 100 shops in this 15,000 square foot building, but it is closed every Tuesday.
- Cedros Design District . Art galleries, boutiques, and other small designer stores. There is also a farmer's market on Sundays from 2PM-5PM (located on the corners of Cedros and Rosa St.)
- Two Sisters Consignment Home Furnishings. A superb selection of couches, antique furniture and furnishings.
- Bongiorno's New York Pizzeria, 524 Stevens Ave Ste 11, ☎ (858) 755-2646, . Some of the best New York-style pizza in San Diego County.
- Pizza Port, 135 N. Highway 101, . Great pizza and atmosphere.
- Roberto's Mexican Food, N. Highway 101. Awesome place to grab a quick burrito
- T's Cafe, 271 N Highway 101. VERY popular breakfast destination - huge menu!
- Tony's Jacal, 621 Valley Ave., . Great family-owned Mexican restaurant and bar since 1946!
- Surf & Saddle  123 W. Plaza, Solana Beach - off Lomas Santa Fe. Popular neighborhood bar.
- Courtyard San Diego Solana Beach/Del Mar, 717 South Highway 101, ☎ +1 858 792-8200 (fax: +1 858 792-2370), .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 621 S Highway 101, ☎ +1 858 350-0111, .
- Pacific Coastal Properties, 731 S. Highway 101 Suite 1P, ☎ 1-800-636-7368, . Solana Beach real estate and vacation rentals.
All the destinations listed below are accessible from Solana Beach by train.
|Routes through Solana Beach