Sokaraja is a town in Banyumas Regency, Central Java, Indonesia, close to Purwokerto. It is famous for the local snack getuk goreng.
Sokaraja is a small town located close to the city of Purwokerto in Banyumas Regency, Central Java. Approximately located about 4 km from Purwokerto, it called as the commuter city. It is also a transit place for the people who want to go to some major cities such as Purwokerto, Purbalingga, Wonosobo, Semarang, Yogyakarta, and Bandung.
From capital city of Jakarta through Sukarno Hatta Airport, you can pass Adi Sucipto Airport (Yogyakarta), Adi Sumarmo Airport (Solo), Tunggul Wulung Airstrip (Cilacap) and Ahmad Yani International Airport (Semarang) and then go through road way.
Although Sokaraja doesn't have any bus station, there are a lot of buses that pass through this town from various major cities. There are also regular services to various major cities, including Jakarta (9 hours) with customer recommended Sinar Jaya bus, Yogyakarta (4 to 5.5 hours) with Raharja and Efisiensi bus, Semarang (6 hours) with Nusantara bus and Bandung (6 to 8 hours) with Budiman and Goodwill bus. The tickets are usually sell in the bus pool. If you're looking for more bus destination around the nation, head to the Purwokerto Bus Terminal.
There are a lot of trains from major cities of the island to Purwokerto. From the Purwokerto Railway Station, then go by road to Sokaraja.
Sokaraja is a small town. The town's core is located along the Jalan Jenderal Sudirman and Jalan Gatot Subroto. You can walk through town in only 20 minutes.
Traditional three-wheeled pedal-powered carts known as 'becak'. Very common in Indonesia.
The F2 Angkot serves direct route from Sokaraja to Purwokerto.
- Waterpark: Depo Bay in the Depo Pelita (Jalan Menteri Supeno no. 10) is a newly-built and the only waterpark in town. Although not really big, this waterpark is visited mostly on Sundays and holidays.
The largest traditional market in town is Pasar Sokaraja.
- Delta 18, Jalan Ahmad Yani no. 18 (located in the shophouses, north of Pasar Sokaraja).
- Rafli Busana, Jalan Ahmad Yani (Located in the shophouses, north of Pasar Sokaraja).
- Mersing Mode, Jalan Jend. Gatot Subroto (Located right in the south of Indorizky Pasaraya, beside of Terang Jaya Electronic Store).
- Satria Collection, Jalan Jend. Gatot Subroto (located in the shophouses, north of Pasar Sokaraja).
- Depo Pelita, Jalan Menteri Supeno no. 10 (About 1 km from Sokaraja, and 5 km from Purwokerto).
- Indorizky Superstore, Jalan Jend. Gatot Subroto (Right in the town center).
Sokaraja is famous for its local snacks.
- Asli H. Tohirin, Jalan Jend. Sudirman (There are a lot of Getuk Goreng Asli H. Tohirin stores, especially along the Jalan Jend. Sudirman).
- Eka Sari, Jalan Suparjo Roestam (Located between Purwokerto and Sokaraja).
- Ayu, Jalan Jend. Sudirman (Located right in the town center).
- Mirasa, Jalan Suparjo Roestam (Located between Purwokerto and Sokaraja).
There are a lot of other snack stores in Sokaraja that you may check it out one by one. Mainly, snack stores are located along Jalan Jend. Sudirman.
Sokaraja is also a culinary city. The typical dish of Purwokerto is Soto Sokaraja. There are plenty of soto stores along the Jalan Jend. Sudirman.
- Soto Lama, Jalan Jend. Sudirman (There are plenty of Soto Lama stores along Jalan Jend. Sudirman). Rp 12000.
- Soto Kecik, Jalan Jend. Sudirman (Located right in the town center). Rp 12000.
- Nasi Goreng Eka Sari, Jalan Jend. Gatot Subroto (Right in the town center, across the Indorizky Superstore). Rp 8000.
- Anthurium Cafe, Jalan Menteri Supeno no. 10, in the Depo Pelita (About 1 km from Sokaraja, and 5 km from Purwokerto).
- Istana Bakmie and Es, Jalan Menteri Supeno no. 10, in the Depo Pelita (About 1 km from Sokaraja, and 5 km from Purwokerto).
- Astro Hotel Purwokerto, Jl. Suparjo Rustam Km. 4 Sokaraja Purwokerto (about 5 minutes driving south of the downtown), ☎ +62-281-6844107, . checkin: 13.00 pm; checkout: 12.00 pm. We Give You The Real Comfortable Standard IDR 84,000, Deluxe IDR 175,000.
- Atrium Resort & Hotel, Jl. Soepardjo Rustam (Jl. Raya Sokaraja), ☎ +62-281-6844041, . A villa-styled hotel in the main road between Purwokerto and Sokaraja. Five minutes driving from the downtown Purwokerto. Standard IDR 330,000, deluxe IDR 495,000, suite IDR 715,000.
The code area for Sokaraja is same as Purwokerto - 0281
- Ambulance: ☎ 118
- Police: ☎ 110
- Fire Brigade: ☎ 113
- National Search and Rescue: ☎ 115
- Baturaden, resort town with a number of tourist attractions.
- Purbalingga, neighboring city, home for the Owabong Waterpark, Sanggaluri Park, and Purbayasa River World.
- Tambak, transit town famous for Sate Bebek.
- Banyumas, an old historical town with plenty of heritage buildings and monuments.
|This is a guide article. It has a variety of good, quality information including hotels, restaurants, attractions, arrival and departure info. Plunge forward and help us make it a star!