Sogamoso is a city in the department of Boyacá in Colombia.
It s located at 2492 m above sea level and the population is around 130 000 inhabitants.
- From Bogotá : catch a bus at the Portal Norte, 4h30 (22,000 COP)
- From Tunja : frequent buses
- El Templo del Sol (Sun Temple)
- La Pilita de la Unión
- La Casona de Pie de Cuesta (Big house)
- Sacred Fountain of Conchuda
- El Oratorio (Chapel)
- El Arco De Monquirá (Arch)
- Hill and Chapel of Santa Barbara
- Refajo : a mix of beer, apple soda and malt.
- Tibasosa : Famous as the world capital of the feijoa fruit. Well conserved main plaza surrounded by shops selling feijoa derived products : sweets, ice cream, liquor, arequipe... (Bus : 1,000 COP)
- Monguí : Beautiful colonial village set in the hills that celebrated its 400 years in 2001. Access to the Páramo de Ocetá. (Bus : 3,000 COP)