Snoqualmie Pass is in the Cascade Mountains of Washington State
Snoqualmie Pass is located on Interstate 90 with easy access to Spokane in the east and Seattle in the west.
Mountains to Sound Greenway
The corridor of I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass is known as the Mountains To Sound Greenway , and offers many sightseeing and exploration opportunities, only a short distance from Seattle. You can print out and take along a PDF "Geo-Tour" of the MTSG at []
Summit At Snoqualmie
With four alpine base areas summit  ski slopes that vary from beginner to advanced. Nights skiing is also available
- Summit Central Has a large terrain park and a halfpipe.
- Summit East
- Summit West
- Alpental Offers everything from beginner to deadly (quite literally) terrain. The in-bounds area at Alpental contains a several-hundred foot tall cliff that's pretty great to ski off of, but check the landing for plenty of snow first, and do this only if you're an expert skier. Pay attention to, and believe the double black diamond signs. The Alpental backcountry is quite impressive and readily accessible; make sure to obtain a Backcountry Pass from the Ski Patrol (at their Shack atop Chair 2) before exploring. Drive east on Interstate 90 from Seattle, approximately 1 hour. The road is an active interstate highway, and is therefore plowed and sanded all winter long, but snow tires or chains may be required.
There are numerous hiking opportunities around the Snoqualmie Pass area. This is not an area that much solitude will be found on the hike.
- Snow Lake A good hike from July to early October. A moderately strenuous hike, trailhead can be reached parking at the Alpental ski resort parking lot (A Northwest Forest Pass may be necessary). Traverses through forest, reaches an Alpine Lake. Stay and relax, consider a swim. Continue along the trail, go to Gem Lake, and beyond.
- Family Pancake House in the Village
- The Summit Lodge at Summit at Snoqualmie. Walking distance to slopes (shuttle also available). Ski & Stay packages from $110-$220.
- Hyak Lodge 370 Keechelus Boat Launch Road. Just outside Washington State Park.
- The Frantzian Mountain Hideaway Bed & Breakfast 7 Ober Strasse, Alpental.
- Iron Horse Inn  Bed and Breakfast in converted train coaches. $80-$150.
- Kendall Peak Lodge 425-434-6336. $150-$300.
- Chateau Alpental
- Thunder Mountain Lodge 425-434-7200  Two suites (2-4 people) located at the base of Summit West ski slopes. $150-$250.
- Snoqualmie Cabin  -Cozy creekside cabin, two bedrooms, 2 bath, + Loft. 30 seconds from the slopes, + Free Ski Shuttle! Sleeps 8. Beautiful Views of mountains and ski slopes. Hiking, boating, etc nearby.