Skokie is a city in the Chicagoland area.
Skokie is accessible by the CTA Yellow Line (the Skokie Swift) and the Edens Expwy (I-94). If you take the "Swift" to Skokie, check out the historic old Northshore Line train station adjacent to the Swift terminal.
PACE & CTA buses run through Skokie forming connections at Old Orchard, Skokie CTA Station and Downtown Skokie.
- Emily Oaks Nature Center
- North Shore Center for the Performing Arts 
- Skokie Theater ]
- The Skokie Park District [] has facilities such as the batting cages/mini golf
- Oakton Pool
- Skokie Public Library, 5215 Oakton Street, ☎ 847 673 7774, . 9-9 m-f,9-6 sat.,noon-6 Sun. Award winning public library, cultural events, free internet access and more
- Old Orchard Shopping Center
- Village Crossing Shopping Center (Touhy Ave & Carpenter Ave)
- Skokie Theatre Music Foundation, 7924 North Lincoln Ave., ☎ 847-677-7761, . Jazz, Theater, Film events
There are restaurants galore! Just travel along Dempster Street.