Skegness is a seaside town in Lincolnshire.
Skegness is reached by the A158 from the west or the A52 from the south or north.
Local bus services run from Boston, Mablethorpe and Lincoln, Long distance bus services, and charters, run from virtually everywhere in Great Britain.
Train services run from the midlands to Skegness Railway Station via Boston.
The nearest airport to Skegness is Humberside International Airport. A distance of 40 miles.
The nearest ferry port to Skegness is King George Dock in Hull. A distance of 47 miles.
Local bus services run along the coast at regular intervals.
- Service 1, 1A: Skegness – Ingoldmells – Chapel St. Leonards.
- Service 3: Coastal Cruiser open topper.
- Service 4: Butlins – Fantasy Island.
- Service 5: Skegness – Butlins.
- Service 9: Skegness – Mablethorpe – Skegness.
- Natureland Seal Sanctuary, North Parade, Skegness, PE25 1DB, ☎ +44 (0)1754 764345, . Opens at 10 a.m. every day except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. Adults £6.50, Children £4.20, Under 3's free.
- Bottons Pleasure Beach, Grand Parade, Skegness, PE25 2UQ, ☎ +44 (0)1754 763697, . Funfair situated on the sea front. Free entry to the park and the rides are either paid for by tokens or a wristband, which offers unlimited rides all day.
- Have your palm read by one of the many Romany Clairvoyants on the sea front
- A must for children is a ride on one of the lovely Skegness donkeys on the beach
- Skegness Pier, Grand Parade, Skegness, PE25 2UE, .
The obligatory stick of rock!
- Hildreds Shopping Centre, Briar Way, Skegness, PE25 3NR, . Mon - Sat 8am - 8pm, Sun 10am - 5pm. Small shopping centre comprising 26 high street names
- Ivydene Hotel, 39 - 41 Drummond Road, Skegness PE25 3EB. Tel:+44 1754 763834, .
- Butlins Skegness, Butlins Resort Skegness PE25 3EQ. Tel:, .
- Serena Court Hotel, 43 Drummond Road, Skegness PE25 3EQ. Tel:+44 1754 766376, .