Skútustaðir is a small town located along the southern shore of Mývatn in North Iceland.
- Take the hour long walk along the pseudo-craters. It offers a nice view of Mývatn as well as the surrounding mountains.
Gasoline and souvenirs are available for purchase at Sel - Hótel Mývatn.
- Hotel Gigur, ☎ +354 464 4455 (email@example.com, fax: +354 464 4279), . This hotel has 37 rooms with private baths, a restaurant and a bar. The northern view over the lake from their common area is incredible during the midnight sun.
- Sel - Hotel Mývatn, ☎ +354-464-4164 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Offers 35 rooms, each of which includes private bath, television, and internet access. Single Room (2008 prices): 7700 ISK (low season) / 15700 ISK (peak season).
- Skútustaðir Farmhouse, ☎ +354 464 4212 (fax: +354 464 4322), . This farmhouse has eleven rooms available.
- Reykjahlíð is the other town in the Mývatn area, located on the north side of the lake.