Singapore Airlines (IATA: SQ; ICAO: SIA)  is a Singaporean airline which flies to Asia, America, and Europe. It is commonly referred by both the flight number prefix (SQ), and the ICAO code, SIA.
- Singapore Changi Airport is SIA's home airport and hub. SIA operates from both Terminals 2 and 3. Flights to North America, Europe, and East Asia depart from Terminal 3. Flights arriving at Changi Airport may use either Terminal 2 or 3; the terminal used is listed at Changi Airport Flight Information several hours before arrival.
More information at http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/company_info/siastory/fleet.jsp
- Boeing 747-400 are of variable configuration in three classes.
- Boeing 777, various models, of variable configuration in two or three classes.
- Airbus A340-500 are used for the non-stop Singapore-Los Angeles and Singapore-Newark routes. Previously, Executive Economy seats replaced the Economy class. The aircraft will use 100 Business Class seats for a one-class flight by 2008.
- Airbus A380-800 60 Business Class seats, 88 Economy Class seats.
Frequent flyer program
SIA has two frequent flyer programs:
- KrisFlyer is the ordinary frequent flyer program.
- PPS Club is the premium program; points are accrued only on First- and Business Class flights.
SIA lounges are known as Silver Kris; there are seventeen of them, at:
- Brisbane (closed until June 2008)
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- San Francisco
- Singapore (Terminal 2)
- Singapore (Terminal 3)
First and Business Class customers, PPS Club and KrisFlyer Elite Gold members are eligible to use these lounges. They may also use facilities of other Star Alliance airlines.
Singapore Airlines is part of the Star Alliance.
Passengers with certain special needs are accommodated, more information at the website.
Certified guide dogs are allowed to travel with their owner in the passenger cabin at no extra charge. The dog may not take up a seat and must be muzzled and harnessed. Only one dog per flight is allowed, so it is advisable that you contact the airline and make arrangements in advance.
In some regions, such as Australia, a person escorting a disabled flyer may receive up to 50% discount on their ticket price.
- Reservations (+65 6223 8888) - 24 h
- Airport office (+49 69 69032881)
- New York
- JFK (+1 718 7513830)
- EWR (+1 973 9612591)