| || |
* Singapore Changi Airport is SIA's home airport and hub.
Flights depart from both Terminals 2 and 3 , with T3 being used for flights to North America, Europe, and East Asia. |+|
* Singapore Changi Airport is SIA's home airport and hub. from both Terminals 2 and 3to North America, Europe, and East Asia .
| || |
Revision as of 15:28, 30 April 2008
Singapore Airlines (SIA)  is a Singaporean airline which flies to Asia, America, and Europe.
- Singapore Changi Airport is SIA's home airport and hub. SIA operates from both Terminals 2 and 3. Flights to North America, Europe, and East Asia depart from Terminal 3. Flights arriving at Changi Airport may use either Terminal 2 or 3; the terminal used is listed at Changi Airport Flight Information several hours before arrival.
- Boeing 747
- Boeing 777
- Airbus A340
- Airbus A380
Classes of travel
Most flights have the standard three classes. Recently, SIA has announced that its direct flights to Newark Liberty Airport and Los Angeles Airport will be converted to an all-Business Class configuration by 2008.
Frequent flyer program
SIA has two frequent flyer programs:
- KrisFlyer is the ordinary frequent flyer program.
- PPS Club is the premium program; points are accrued only on First- and Business Class flights.
SIA lounges are known as Silver Kris.
Singapore Airlines is part of the Star Alliance.
Certified guide dogs are allowed to travel with their owner in the passenger cabin at no extra charge. The dog may not take up a seat and must be muzzled and harnessed. Only one dog per flight is allowed, so it is advisable that you contact the airline and make arrangements in advance.
In some regions, such as Australia, a person escorting a disabled flyer may receive up to 50% discount on their ticket price.
- Reservations (+65 6223 8888) - 24 h
- Airport office (+49 69 69032881)
- New York
- JFK (+1 718 7513830)
- EWR (+1 973 9612591)