Simi Valley  is in Ventura County in Southern California. There isn't much in this Los Angeles suburb but it's possible to drive to many destinations in Southern California within an hour such as Disneyland, Hollywood and Downtown LA.
Simi Valley is mainly accessible by automobile. Simi Valley's main artery, the 118 Freeway (Ronald Reagan Freeway), can be accessed by the 5 and 405 Freeways in the east and by the 23 Freeway in the west. The 23 Freeway connects to the 101 Freeway.
Airports in close proximity to Simi Valley are Los Angeles International (LAX)  and Bob Hope Airport in Burbank (BUR) . There are several small airports in the area that welcome private or charter flights.
Simi Valley is accessible by train through Amtrak's Coast Starlight and Pacific Surfliner  and Metrolink's Ventura County Line .
Although Simi Valley has a bus system, the primary transportation by the city's residents is by automobile. Bicycling is gaining in popularity as the city is committed to installing more bicycle lanes and bicycle parking. Walking, although safe, is not recommended for more than a short stroll. Distances can seem deceptively small, but map your distance if you're planning on walking or cycling from point to point.
- Simi Valley Transit, 490 West Los Angeles Avenue, +1 805 583-6456, . No smoking, eating, drinking or radios allowed on the buses. Fare is $1.25 per trip. Tickets can be purchased onboard but exact fare is required as drivers are unable to make change. Stops are approximately 1/4 to 1/2 mile apart.
- Ronald Reagan Presidential Library & Museum, 40 Presidential Drive, +1 800 410-8354, . Su - Sa 10:00AM to 5:00PM. Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. This is a must see for any travelers stopping by in Simi Valley. Admission: $12.00.
- Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center, 3050 Los Angeles Avenue, +1 805 583-7900, . The gothic building was originally a church and is a historical landmark. The building now houses a theatre for live plays. Admission: $20.00.
- Corriganville Park, Smith Road (east of Kuehner). The Old Corriganville Movie Ranch with historic buildings was the site of many western films. Park also has a two-mile trail loop.
- Mt McCoy, West end of Simi Valley. Usually known as "the hill with the cross on top of it," it's visible from Madera Road. Hiking trail is approximately two miles long but can be difficult. Wear long pants and snake boots.
- Santa Susanna Railroad Depot, 6503 Katherine Road. Restored 1903 train depot now holds a small museum and a working model train layout.
- Strathearn Historical Park, 137 Strathearn Place, +1 805 526-6453, , T - F 9:00AM - 2:00PM, Tours W 1:00PM & Sa - Su 1:00PM - 4:00PM. Buildings and artifacts from Simi Valley's pioneer history.
- Sinaloa Golf Course, 980 Madera Road, +1 805 581-2662, . Public course, 9 hole, par 3. Driving range, practice green and pro shop. Admission $9.50 Weekdays / $11.50 Weekends.
- Simi Hills Golf Course, 5031 Alamo Street, +1 805 522-0803. Public course, 18 hole, par 71. Driving range, practice green and pro shop. Very nice for a public course.
- Lost Canyons Golf Club, 3301 Lost Canyon Drive, +1 805 522-4653, . Open Daily. Public course, 36 holes. Practice range, pro shop and clubhouse. $80.00 - $125.00 including cart.
- Arroyo Simi Bike Path, Metrolink Station to Madera Road. Seven miles of paved bikepath with trees, flowers and a stream. Also suitable for walking.
- Arroyo Simi Equestrian Trail, Equestrian Center to Tierra Practice Rejada Park. Four miles of dirt pathway, away from the street, complemented by trees and flowers.
- Challenger Park, South end of First Street. Open through permit only (contact the park service). Two miles of hiking trail. Oak groves and a stream.
- Chumash Park and Trail, Flanagan Drive and Broken Arrow. Two and a half mile hiking trail overlooking Native American rock shelters.
- Hummingbird Creek, Kuehner Drive and 118 Freeway. Three mile hiking trail with hills and wildlife.
- Rancho Simi Trailblazers, . Local hiking group that conducts a variety of hikes on a regular schedule.
- Rancho Simi Community Park, 1765 Royal Avenue. Swimming pool, tennis, basketball, softball, volleyball, shuffleboard, horseshoes, covered picnic area, barbeques, playgrounds. A stream leads down to a lagoon stocked with fish. Site of the Annual Huck Finn Fishing Derby. Be careful feeding the ducks.
- Rancho Tapo Community Park, 3700 Avenida Simi. Basketball, softball, shuffleboard, horseshoes, covered picnic area, barbeques, playgrounds. A very nice dirt walking path. Simi Valley's Veteran's Plaza.
- Cajun, Creole Music Festival, Rancho Santa Susanna Community Park, . Memorial Day Weekend. Annual festival celebrating all things Cajun. Check website for parking details.
- Simi Town Center, 1555 Simi Town Center Way, . This open air mall has just opened in 2005 and is located between two off-ramps on the 118 Freeway (Erringer and First Street).
- Swords & Sorcery, 2780 Tapo Canyon Road, +1 805 522-5232. Collectible items such as swords, knives and shields.
- San's Pizzeria, 1555 Simi Town Center Way, ☎ 805-583-3700, . 11am-9pm. Authentic East Coast Pizza, Voted Best Tasting Pizza in Simi Valley
- Red's BBQ & Grillery, 3090-A1 Cochran Street (corner of Cochran and Galena), +1 805 581-9076 (fax: +1 805-581-6387), . Red's is very popular so expect a wait if you're going for dinner on Friday or Saturday night. Don't miss the ribs or the baked potatoes (caution: baked potatoes are huge). Take out menu available.
- Pizzatopia, 2345 Erringer Road, #100, +1 805 526-7000, . Su - Th 11:00AM - 8:00PM, F - Sa 11:00AM - 9:00PM. All you can eat pizza/salad/dessert bar with all you can drink soday. $6.99/lunch and $7.93/dinner.
- Greek House Cafe, 2375 Sycamore Drive, +1 805 955-9899. M 11:00AM - 2:45PM, T - F 11:00AM - 8:45PM, Sa 12:00PM - 8:45PM.
- Vincenzo's Pizza, 2955 A-1 Cochran Street (Target Shopping Center), +1 805 579-9662, . Hands down the best pizza in Simi Valley. Largest pizza is 28 inches - very good for parties. Order early - delivery can take 45 minutes.
- Paul's Italian Villa, 2585 - I Cochran St (Landmark Center-Upper Level), +1 805 526-5360 (fax: +1 805-526-8208), . M - Th 11:30AM to 9:30PM, F - Sa 11:30AM to 10:00PM, Su 11:00AM to 9:00PM. A Simi Valley institution. Curbside and delivery available.
- Dakota's The Great Steak House, 1555 Simi Town Center Drive #565, +1 805 582-1700, . Upscale steakhouse. Reservations can be made online. Portions are very large. Dinner can get pricey.
- Campos Famous Burritos, 2149 Tapo Street, +1 805 522-8590. Don't be put off by the decor, the food is excellent. Very popular with the lunch crowd. Very affordable.
- Palermo Pizzeria & Restaurant, 2110 Tapo Street, +1 805 526-3637. Old school Italian restaurant with what is probably the original decor. Order the family meal, it is the best deal in town.
- La Louisianne Express, 1854 Cochran Street (behind Chevron station), +1 805 582-2026. Lunch T - Sa / Dinner T - Su. Closed Monday. Cajun/Creole restaurant tucked into a strip mall behind the Chevron station. Excellent food.
- Eggs N Things, 2955 Cochran Street Suite A2 (Target Shopping Center), +1 805 527-0055 . Open for breakfast and lunch. This is where Simi Valley eats breakfast. Check for the specials on the front board. On weekends, go early or be prepared for a long wait.
- San's Pizzeria, 1555 Simi Town Center Way, ☎ 805-583-3700, . 11am-9pm. Authentic East Coast Pizza, Voted Best Tasting Pizza in Simi Valley,
- Snooky's, 2050 Donville Ave (behind Los Angeles Avenue A&W fast food restaurant), +1 805 583-8149. Snookies is the only strip club in Simi Valley.
- Motel 6, 2566 North Erringer Road (118 Freeway at Erringer), +1 805 526-3533, Fax: +1 805-579-1664, . Standard lodging at an inexpensive price. Rates remain low even if booked at the last moment. $78.00.
- Holiday Inn Express, 2550 Erringer Road (118 Freeway at Erringer), +1 805 584-6006, . All rooms come with free breakfast. Book in advance, prices can go up steeply. $96.00 - $129.00.
- Extended Stay America, 2498 Stearns Street (118 Freeway at Stearns), +1 805 584-8880, . Rooms include a kitchenette. Pet allowed with fee. $99.00 - $109.00.
- Grand Vista Hotel, 999 Enchanted Way (118 Freeway at First Street), +1 805 583-2000, . Although the decor of this hotel could be updated, the proximity to the Simi Valley Town Center can not be beaten. $99.00 - $160.00.
- Courtyard Ventura - Simi Valley, 191 Cochran Street (118 Freeway at Madera), +1 805 526-3480, . One of the newer hotels in Simi Valley, had nice rooms and amenities. $119.00 - $199.00.
- Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, 1775 Madera Road (south of Los Angeles Avenue), +1 800 994-4884, . Posada Royale is a boutique hotel affiliated with Best Western. Hotel is a bit out of the way. $119.00 - $500.00.
- Fillmore & Western Railway Co., 351 Santa Clara Street, Fillmore, +1 805 524-2546, . This historic railroad has been restored and now offers themed excursions for holidays, parties or simply dinner. Price varies widely depending on excursion.