Silkeborg  is in Jutland.
Rail or bus from Aarhus
Hjejlen sails between Silkeborg and Himmelbjerget (1hr 15 min). Bookings tel: 86820766.
- AQUA . Freshwater aquarium with fish, otters, birds. The big tanks can be viewed both from above outside the building and from the side, inside the building. Has touch tank where you can pet the fish. Entrance DKK 85.
- Silkeborg art museum  houses the Asger Jorn collections. Entrance DKK 50.
- Hjejlen  go on a boat ride on the oldest operative paddle steamer in the world.
- Himmelbjerget. Walk this 147 meter "mountain" (Himmelbjerget is literaly sky mountain) and the tower on top of it (DKK 7.50 entrance for the tower). There are kiosks, restaurants, toilets next to the top. You can get there by the river boats (stop: Himmelbjerget).
pedestrian shopping street
There are several restaurants at the paper mill:
- The restaurant at Radisson. Menus from 250DKK.
- Cafe Eval. Papirfabrikken 10. tel: 86803366, Good beers and tapas, pastas, steaks, and burgers. Tapas or pasta main course 70DKK.
- Radisson SAS, Papirfabrikken 12, tel:88822222. Good hotel located at the Gudenå river in the former paper mill. from 895 DKK. Free internet, wireless at ground level, wired in rooms(get access code, RJ45 cable at the reception).
- Scandic, Udgaardsvej 2, 8600 Silkeborg, Denmark, tel +45 86 80 35 33, email email@example.com, nice hotel not far from the Silkeborg Langsø, 2 kms or so out of town. Rooms from c. 990 DKK.
- Hotel Dania . Central location.