Sherbrooke is the largest town in the Eastern Townships of southern Quebec, Canada.
Limocar offers shuttle service from Montreal to Sherbrooke for $33. It should be noted that Go2Go does not serve this area.
The STS , which is local transportation by bus, offers either a one trip 'jeton' that you have to buy beforehand at an authorized dealer for $3.10 giving you one trip with all transfers necessary or, more economically if you travel a lot, a day pass at $8.50 that either gives the right for one or two adults with children (age 12 or less) for a maximum of 6 passenger on one pass or one adult alone. Service for the bus ends at midnight; if you need to get around after that, use a taxi. It is not too expensive--about $30 for one end to the other of the city--but if you need one at night, chances are that you are in downtown. From there to the farthest hotel, it would cost you $15.
- Taxi service Phone: 819-562-4717; also, if you have a cell phone anywhere in Quebec, try *TAXI: it will patch you in the taxi service of your region--the cost is 99¢.
- Sherbrooke Museum of Fine Arts (Musee des Beaux Arts), 241 Dufferin, Tel: 819-821-2115 (fax: (819) 821-4003, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), . Tu-Su 1PM-5PM (summer 11AM-5PM); W 1PM-9PM. This art gallery is in the historic 19th-century Eastern Townships Bank building downtown. It displays both works of universal value and local flavor, focusing on the works of artists of the Eastern Townships, but also exhibiting other works. A dozen or so exhibitions are circulated through the lower two floors each year, while the third floor houses the museum’s permanent collection, featuring works by Frederick Simpson Coburn (1871-1960), originally from Melbourne in the Eastern Townships. $6, seniors/students $5.
Every summer there is the Fete du Lac festival at Parc Jacques-Cartier which features an international fireworks competition and many local artists.
- Carrefour de l'Estrie, 3050 boul. de Portland, . Shopping center with many stores.
- Choux de Bruxelle, Phone: +1-819-564-1848. This restaurant is not a real Quebecois affair but somewhere you can have Moule et frite at less than 20$ and you bring your own wine. It is recognized by Sherbrooke people to be the best value for your money and great food. You will need to make reservation in advance if you want to eat here during the weekend and during the month of November and December as many Christmas parties are celebrated there.
- Louis Luncheonette, a local greasy-spoon. 3 locations in Sherbrooke. The fries are excellent. The meat is fresh. They also serve smoked-meat. Widely acknowledged as having the best poutine in Sherbooke; a regional dish that is must-have if you're visiting Quebec.
- Stratos, another greasy-spoon, phone: +1-819-823-3333. Order poutine with frite bien cuit, sauce barbeque, sauce à part for maximum enjoyment. Pizzas are passable, and be sure to try their extra hot sauce suicide. However, the spare-ribs have an excellent sauce, heavy on melases falvour.
- Bâton Rouge Restaurant, 2844 King ouest, ☎ 819-346-9888, . For the best steak and baby back ribs in town, come to Bâton Rouge Restaurant! We also have a beautiful bar and patio where you can enjoy our "Happy Hour" from 4 to 7 pm (Monday to Friday). We offer a great meal for all budgets! Sunday-Monday: 11am-10pm Tuesday to Thursday: 11am-11pm Friday-Saturday: 11am-midnight
- Siboire, 80 rue du Dépôt, .
- Boquébière, 50 rue Wellington Nord, .
- La Mare au Diable, 151 rue King Ouest.
- Le Summum Nightclub, 230 rue King Ouest, . Easily the best nightclub in the province. Co2 jets, confettis, Retro-Light LED wall, enormous disco ball, fake snow along with a nice Karaoke Martini lounge called Pacha. Open Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Arrive early on Thursday, big lineups after 10 pm.
- Bar La Fakulté, 2155 rue King Ouest, . La Fakulté is a huge student bar. It's only opened on wednesdays but it's the biggest night in town. Be there early (10 pm) unless you want to wait in a lineup.
- Complexe le Living, 66 rue Meadow, . Club with four different rooms, each with a different setting. Hip-hop and techno. Good night on friday only.
|Routes through Sherbrooke