Lu Xun Park is a large and popular green space for both respite and fun
Hongkou is on the northeast side of Shanghai. The district is most known for Hongkou Stadium, Shanghai University's campus and Lu Xun Park.
The district is served by Metro Lines 3, 4, and 8.
- Lu Xun Park, (Metro: Line 3 Hongkou Stadium). This park provides a quiet spot for reading, meditation, and exercising, yet on the eastern side are plenty of rides small kids would enjoy and a lake with boats for rent. Lu Xun is buried here and has both a memorial statue and clock in his honor. Free, boats and rides extra.
- Sleeping Dragon Hostel (上海歇龙国际青年旅社), 舟山路394，虹口区，上海 (Metro Line 4 Lingpin Rd), ☎ +86 21-65351562 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Youth hostel rooms and showers are very clean. There is a street market just outside of the hostel. The hostel is in a traditional Chinese area of Shanghai with a Jewish history from the early 20th century. Services, available in English, include travel planning, plane and train ticket booking. No curfew, laundry, reasonably priced drinks, books and DVDs for borrow, international calls from the front desk, free internet, CD/CVD burning, free breakfast and additional menu for other food. ¥55, privates ¥75-180.
- Jiu Long Hotel Jin Jiang, 601 Liyang Rd, ☎ reservations +86 21-61226688 Ext. 7800, . The location is great to explore Shanghai’s cultural treasures and other places of interest. Shopaholics will be thrilled to know that this hotel is adjacent to an 8-story shopping mall.
- New Asia Hotel Jin Jiang, 422 Tiantong Rd, ☎ +86 21-63242210, . Offers 328 guestrooms, all of which have air-conditioning, satellite TV with in-room movies, and high-speed Internet. Some of its amenities include sauna, health/fitness center, and massage service. Best rates on official website start at ¥228+.
- The Panorama Shanghai (上海海湾大厦), 53 Huangpu Rd, ☎ +86 21-53930008 (email@example.com, fax: +86 21-53930009), . Close to Waibaidu Bridge, on the Huangpu River. From ¥330.
- Shanghai Yinbo Hotel, 135 Tiantong Rd, ☎ +86 21-63566288, . Three-star hotel situated near Shanghai’s city conveniences and popular landmarks. It offers cozy accommodations and friendly service.
- Swan Hotel, 2211 N Sichuan Rd, ☎ +86 21-56665666, . 3-star hotel 18 km away from Hongqiao Airport and is located near the Shanghai Railway Station, The Bund, and The People’s Square. All rooms are air-conditioned and feature high-speed Internet access, cable TV, safe, and IDD telephone. It also houses the conference rooms that can accommodate up to 100 persons, and nine restaurants.
- Grand Mercure Baolong Hotel Shanghai (上海宝隆美爵酒店), 180 Yixian Rd, ☎ +86 21-35059666 (toll free: +400 8182688 reservations, firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +86 21-56632710), . Close to major shopping areas, points of interest and cultural centres, including local attractions such as Lu Xun Park, historic Duolun Rd and Fudan University.