[[http://www.sewickleyborough.org ]], located 20 minutes by car outside of the city of [[Pittsburgh]] in [[Western Pennsylvania]], is a quaint resort town offering many boutique shops, services, and restaurants. This town offers people the chance to live the life of luxury they always dreamed of. |+|
'''Sewickley''' [http://www.sewickleyborough.org], located 20 minutes by car outside of the city of [[Pittsburgh]] in [[Western Pennsylvania]], is a quaint resort town offering many boutique shops, services, and restaurants. This town offers people the chance to live the life of luxury they always dreamed of.
| || |
Revision as of 04:20, 17 March 2008
Sewickley , located 20 minutes by car outside of the city of Pittsburgh in Western Pennsylvania, is a quaint resort town offering many boutique shops, services, and restaurants. This town offers people the chance to live the life of luxury they always dreamed of.
The town of Sewickley is located 20 minutes from Downtown Pittsburgh and close to many major routes of transit. The Pittsburgh International Airport is also a short simple 15 minute commute.
It is located off of route 65 North, right up Broad Street Across the Sewickley Bridge.
Coming from Downtown Pittsburgh by car take 279 North to Route 65 and follow all the way until the Sewickley Bridge and make a left into the downtown shopping district on Beaver Street. It is a very small town with many shops and things to do.
The village of Sewickley is easily walkable, and definitely encouraged.
It is recommended to have a car though to view the Estates in Sewickley Heights as the area is very hilly and quite expansive.
Parking in the town can sometimes be a pain, the metered spots on the streets are 25 cents per half hour and you are likely to find a spot in the parking lot located across from Safrans Supermarket off of Thorn Street.
Also parking on the residential streets is free, but requires a walk, but once again this is recommended.
There is much to be seen in Sewickley.
- Fern Hollow Nature Center, Glen Mitchell Road. Nice place to spend a day in the park. Also in September it is host to the Sewickley Fall Music Festival, with sounds of country, folk, and blue grass music.
- Houses up around Sewickley Heights. There are many large estates with great houses. Many very old with classic looks to them. You can also find the homes of many local celebrities as well, such as Lynn Swann, Franco Harris, and Mario Lemieux.
There are many art galleries in Sewickley as well all with different tastes in art.
- Que Sera Sera
- International Images
- Elan Gallery
- Sewickley Frame Shop
- Gallery Walk - Held in the beginning of fall and spring, with each gallery featuring something special and restaurants featuring specials as well. Check the Sewickley Chamber of Commerce website for upcoming dates.
You can spend a full day in town just walking through the Business District and walking through all the stores.
The town is definitely looked at as a cute resort town.
While in the village, why not stop at one of the many spas located in the Business District.
- Sewickley Spa is probably one of the most well known spas in town, with nationally-known small business owner Dorothy Andreas Tuel, they offer all kinds of spa services from massages to a basic manicure and pedicure.
- Esthetics of Sewickley is a neat little spa located on the second floor of a building on the corner of Thorn and Beaver Streets, get a manicure overlooking the bustling business district. Facials here are really great as well as inexpensive compared to other places in town.
- Vans Aveda Salon, featuring a store with all Aveda Products and a Spa on the Second Floor
- Vita Hair Salon on Thorn Street, is also a place to go for a fabulous haircut. Great service, great location, and great decor.
You will find that many of the locals in town offer help to anyone in need. This seems to be a trait of the people of Sewickley. Always looking out for others.