Seneca Falls is a town in the Finger Lakes region of New York state. Seneca Falls is widely believed to be the inspiration for Frank Capra's holiday classic, It's A Wonderful Life.
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR), Colonel Eileen Collins Blvd. Syracuse, Phone: (315) 454-4330, .
- Greater Rochester International Airport (RST), 1200 Brooks Av. Rochester, Phone: +1 585 464-6000, .
- Finger Lakes Regional Airport (0G7), 2727 Martin Road, Phone: +1 315 568-0110, Fax: +1 315 568-4397, . Regional airport open to the public. No scheduled service. Self-serve plane fueling.
New York State Thruway (Interstate 90), Exit 41. Route 414 South to Routes 5&20 east to Seneca Falls.
- Women's Rights National Historical Park, Visitor Center: 136 Fall Street, Phone: +1 315 568-0024, . Daily 9AM-5PM except holidays. One of the United States National Parks. $3 or pass.
- Wesleyan Chapel, 136 Fall Street. Tours daily. The remains of the Wesleyan Chapel are immediately adjacent to the Visitor Center. The First Women's Rights Convention was held here in 1848 and considered by many historians to be the formal beginnings of the Women's Rights Movement. Talks are given daily by park staff.
- M'Clintock House, 14 William Street, Waterloo. Open summer only Th-Su, 1PM-4PM. Home of Thomas and Mary Ann M'Clintock, prominent members of Waterloo's Quaker community who were key players in planning and hosting the First Women's Rights Convention. The home has been restored to its 1848 appearance, and displays exhibits about their work in Anti-Slavery and Women's Rights.
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton House, 32 Washington Street. Open daily early March - mid December. This former home of Elizabeth Cady Stanton is now restored to it's 1848 appearance. Ranger-led tours are provided daily.
- National Women's Hall of Fame, 76 Fall Street, Phone: +1 315 568-8060, Fax: +1 315 568-2976, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, . May-Sept. M-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 12PM-5PM. Oct.-Apr. W-Sa 11AM-5PM. Closed Jan. Adults $3, Student/Senior $1.50, under five free, family rate $7.
- Seneca Museum of Waterways and Industry, 89 Fall Street, Phone: +1 315 568-1510, Fax: 315-568-1504, EMail: email@example.com, . Tu-Sa 10AM-4PM. Mid June-Labor Day also Su 12PM-4PM. Suggested donation $2.
- Seneca Falls Historical Society Museum, 55 Cayuga Street, Phone: +1 315 568-8412, M-F 9AM-4PM.
- Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge, 3395 Routes 5 & 20 East, Phone: +1 315 568-5987, . Established in 1938 and run by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, this refuge covers 7,068 acres (2,860 hectares). It is situated at the north end of Cayuga Lake in Seneca, Wayne, and Cayuga Counties.
- CanalFest, (Mid-June) 142 East Bayard St., Phone: +1 315 568-2415, .
- The national fast-food chains are available.
- Penny's Place Restaurant, Routes 5 and 20 in the Liberty Plaza, Phone: 315-568-8746. Breakfast, lunch, Friday dinner. M-Th 5AM-3:30PM; F 5AM–8PM. Sa 5:30AM-1:30PM Sunday: 5:30AM-1PM. Large portions and home cooked meals.
- Henry B's Authentic Italian Restaurant, 84 Fall Street, Phone: +1 315 568-1600, . Tu-Th 5PM-9PM, F,Sa 5PM-10PM. $20-$30.
The Finger Lakes region sports more than 70 wineries.
- Montezuma Winery, 2981 Auburn Road, Phone: +1 315 568-8190, . Daily 10AM-6PM. Twenty-three honey, fruit and grape wines produced here.
- Temperance Tavern, 81-83 Fall Street, Phone: 315-568-5454. Th-Sa 5PM-11PM. “A Toast! To all the Great Women!”
- ZuZu Cafe, 107 Fall Street, Phone: +1 315 568-2929. Free high speed wireless internet access.
Hotels and motels
- Seneca Falls Microtel Inn and Suites, 1966 Route 5 & 20, Phone: 315-539-8438, Fax: 315-539-4780, .
Bed and breakfasts
- Barrister's Bed and Breakfast, 56 Cayuga Street, Phone: +1 315 568-0145, Toll free: 800-914-0145, .
- Hubbell House on VanCleef Lake, 42 Cayuga Street, Phone: 315-568-9690, .
- John Morris Manor Bed & Breakfast, 2138 Route 89, Phone: (866) 484-4218, .
Explore other towns in the Finger Lakes area.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!