Seaside  is a city on the Northern Oregon Coast.
Go to New York, take the Coney Island amusement park, lift it up, and drop on the Oregon Coast. If you can imagine this, you've got a good idea of the look and feel of Seaside. Seaside is one of the most popular beach resorts on the Oregon Coast, helped largely by easy access from Portland. It has all the trappings of a beach town...cotton candy, salt water taffy, and souvenir shops galore. This is a great place for kids and kids-at-heart.
Seaside is located on U.S. Highway 101, which runs along the Pacific Coast from Los Angeles to Olympia, Washington. The best way to get to Seaside from Portland is to take U.S. Highway 26 from downtown Portland and follow it approximately 80 miles to its intersection with U.S. 101 just south of Seaside.
- Lewis and Clark Salt Works, Beach Dr. and Lewis & Clark Way (Located on the beach on the opposite side of the Promenade), . The location where Lewis and Clark's expedition distilled salt from seawater in preparation of their return trip. Reenactments are held in the third week of August. Free.
The main street Broadway offers a variety of dining choices. Doogers offers a fresh selection of seafood, steaks and chowder in a family atmosphere. McKeown's offers a variety of dishes ranging from gumbo like stews, pastas, steaks and seafood. Their Sunday all-you-can-eat brunch is also popular.
Casa del Sol Mexican Restaurant, 1313 S Roosevelt DR., ☎ 503-470-0644, . 9:30-10. A place to have authentic Mexican food made fast at a great price. $.
- Casa del Sol Mexican Restaurant, 1313 S Roosevelt DR., ☎ 503-470-0644, . 9:30-10. A place to have authentic Mexican food made fast at a great price. $.
- Zinger's Homemade Ice Cream, 210 Broadway (across from Funland Arcade), ☎ 503-738-3939, . 1p-10p (summer). The North Coast's only homemade ice cream, Zinger's boasts an inventory of more than 60 flavors (24 at one time). Unique flavors like Blue Moon, Butter Brickle, and Banana Pudding (and that's just the "B's." Homemade waffle cones and fudge, too.
- Best Western Ocean View Resort, 414 North Prom, ☎ 800-234-8439 (toll free: +1 800 234-8439, fax: +1 503 738-3264), .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 34 Holladay Drive, ☎ +1 503 717-8000, .
- Motel 6, 2369 S Roosevelt Drive, ☎ +1 503 738-6269 (fax: +1 503 738-4276), .
- Seaside Microtel Inn & Suites, 2455 South Roosevelt, ☎ +1 503 738-8971 (fax: +1 503 738-5163), .
- Rivertide Suites Condominium Hotel, 102 N. Holladay, ☎ 877-871-8433 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . A luxury condominium hotel located along the extraordinary Oregon coast in Seaside, Rivertide Suites welcomes guests with spacious apartments, plentiful amenities and first-rate service.