Satna is a small town in Madhya Pradesh in India. It has a population of around 300,000. It is famous for its cement factories.
Satna is very well connected by rail. Probably it is the best way to reach there.
There are daily buses to Satna to Khajuraho. Although suggested mode of transportation is taxis.
Although there is a small airstrip, there is no regular flight services.
Nearest airport Khajuraho, about 115 KM, has regular flights for Delhi & Varanasi.
- ChitraKoot. The place where Ramamyan was written. Very nice place to visit for greenery and to see ancient caves where Lord Ram spent around 12 years with his wife Sita and brother Lakshman. Here you can see River MANDANINI Ramghat, Tulsi Mandir, Bharat Milap, Bharat Koop, H Dhara Mountain, Kamadgiri mountain etc. Very nice place for pilgrims. On Amavasya and Purnima you'll get heavy crowd in Chitrakoot.
- Maihar. Sharda Mata temple.
- Dharkundi. Not many people know, but it is a wonderful place.
- Ramban, 15 km from Satna on Rewa Road. Ancient remains of temples and Hanumanji Mandir
Samosa, Jalebi , Khurchan
Lotan kee Mungaudi Near Railway Station, Sardaar Jee kee Chaat aur Dahi Bade in Prem Nagar, Kishori kee Lassi, Poha-Jalebi in Panni Lal Chowk etc.
- Hotel Uma Resort, 09303363738.