| || |
| || |
|−|[[de: Santiago de los Caballeros]] |+|
|−|[[es:Santiago de los Caballeros]] |+|
|−|[[pt:Santiago de los Caballeros]] |+|
|−|[[WikiPedia:Santiago de los Caballeros]] |+|
Revision as of 23:21, 21 May 2010
Santiago de los Caballeros is a city in the Dominican Republic. The buildings are old and classic Caribbean Spanish style.
You can get into Sanatiago by plane, to the Santiago Municipal (STI) at the Aeropuerto Internacional del Cibao.
There are direct flights from New York (JFK) by Delta Air, Jet Blue and American Airlines. From Miami (Fort Lauderdale) by Spirit Air and American Airlines from (MIA). Also if you are in south America there is a direct flight from Panama (PTY) by Copa Air.
- Dominican Airport Transfers  . You can book online on their automated site.
There are many Bus Lines that can take you to different cities in Dominican Republic:
- Metro Bus & Metro Pack which travels from Santiago To Santo Domingo and Puerto Plata also delivers packages.
- Caribe Tours travels to Dajabon, Montecristi, Sosua, Puerto Plata and Santo Domingo.
- Expresso: those are the cheapest transportation to another city but this one stops everywhere during the trip to leave people so it will be slower and smaller than others..
- Taxis/Cab: most of them are expensive depending where you want to get but actually they cost RD$ 150.00 aprox US$ 4.00
- Coches: this one is pulled by horses it just take you around the city, it is fun and romantic, you can find them at the Monument.
- Conchos: those are the cheapest public transportation for going around the city with many routes it cost actually RD$ 15.00 aprox. US$ 0.40
- MotoConchos: this motorbikes can take you anywhere around the city it's fast and dangerous for just RD$ 20.00 US$ 0.55
- Centro Leon (Centro Leon Santiago), Av. 27 de Febrero No. 146 (Santiago de los Caballeros, DR), ☎ (809) 582-2315, . 8-6. This is the modern center of Santiago, offering art galleries, audiovisual presentations, cinemacafe every week, a library and multimedia services. Local and international expos are present all around the year.
- El Monumento Santiago (Monumento de Santiago), Avenida Circunvalacion (Santiago). 10-10. Is located in the highest hill in the city, called also Monumento a los Heroes de la Restauración. All the nightlife in Santiago is conveniently located around this area. Live Concerts are held in the premises. Inside has a museum and library as well
- Calle El Sol (Calle El Sol Santiago), Calle El Sol (Santiago). This is the shopping street of Santiago de los Caballeros, here you will be close to museum, local attractions, giftshops, places to eat and drink and important monuments.
There are 3 big sopping Centres in Santiago.
- Plaza Internacional. Av Juan Pablo Duarte. Where you can find brand stores like Oscar D La Renta, Bossini, Addidas, Levi's, Benetton, Nautica and others.
- Bella Terra Mall. Av Juan Pablo Duarte. This one is the newest and the biggest in Santiago with many stores like iFix from Apple Inc. And many clothing stores.
- Colinas Mall. Las Colinas. This one is recognized by a huge supermarket called Jumbo and for having lots of accesories stores.
But if you like more cheap things you should go to the city centre specially to Calle del Sol and all streets around.
If you are willing to buy more sophisticated stuff you could visit: Charo, La Rosé, Kakey, Eternia....
Santago has many places to eat and a variety of dishes.
There are many cultural places in Santiago due to globalization, such as american food (TGI Fridays, Burger King, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's, Taco Bell and others.
Asian (Chinese & Japanese): Super Rico Restaurant, Expresso Jade, Sushi Ya!, Belcaire Niguri...
International: Satay, Paparazzo, Vivres, Front Door, Kaafa, Tete Club...
Seafood: Marisco Centro, Pedro's, Puerto Madero...
Steak's & Grill: Camp David Ranch, Rancho Steack House, Cukara Makara, Boceto, La Parrillita, Montezuma, Nano's....
Italian: Piccola/La Locanda, Il Toscano, Il Pasticcio, Pizzarelli.
Mexican: Algo Mexicano, Zókalo....
Bakery/ Sweets/Ice Cream: La campaña, Benny Postres, Qcakes, Helados Bon/Yoguen Früz, Haagen Das....
Ambulant food or Street food: Strong Burger, Empanadas Lalín, Empanadas Monumental, Oche a tu gusto...
You should try some dishes like:
Yaroa, Longaniza, Salami, ChimiChurry, Quipe, Empanada, Chimichanga, Ricky's, Naboa & Yaja, Mangú, Tostones, Mofongo, Asopao, Mondongo, Sancocho, arroz con leche, dulce de leche, Jalao, Yun yun,
Santiago has many Bars where you can drink anything you want.
H2O liquorstore, Bocanada, MOMA Afterwork, Mr. Hookah and others
Places to go:
Disco Bar & Lounge: Camus, Dubai, Rojjo, Tribeca, Francifol, MOMA AfterWork....
Monumentos a los Heroes de la Restauracion, Centro León, La 37 por las tablas, Teatro Nacional del Cibao...