Santa Clarita is a city in Los Angeles County in Southern California.
The closest and most convenient airport is in Burbank. Other nearby airports are in Los Angeles, Ontario, and Orange County.
Supershuttle and Primetime are shared-ride vans which serve the Santa Clarita area from LAX. Stand under the orange "shared ride vans" sign in the center concrete island outside the LAX airport. Tell a customer service representative that you need a ride to Santa Clarita. They are easy to identify by their blue jackets (Supershuttle) or red jackets (Primetime). If no representative is available, then flag down a blue van (Supershuttle) or red van (Primetime) with a "Santa Clarita" placard in the windshield. Approximate cost is $30 per person. Approximate time to Santa Clarita is 1 hour.
The cheapest way to get to Santa Clarita from LAX is to use MetroLink. Stand under the green "FlyAway, Buses and Long-Distance Vans" sign in the center concrete island outside the LAX airport. Board a blue FlyAway bus heading to Union Station (there are FlyAway buses going to Van Nuys and Westwood as well), $4 one-way (a 30-minute trip). It is a large charter-style bus, and is occasionally not labeled. FlyAway buses operate every half hour, 24 hours a day. If you are boarding at the airport, you will not be charged until you get to your destination. At Union Station follow the MetroLink signs. Walk to the Metro Green Line (Antelope Valley Line) in Union Station. Inside the terminal is an automated kiosk for purchasing tickets. One way tickets are $8 on weekdays, $6 on weekends. There is a discount for seniors and disabled reducing the one way ticket fare to $4. The travel time is approximately 1 hour which cuts off as much as 45 minutes with the traffic conditions at times.
The closest Full Service Amtrak station is LAX at Union Station. From there you would take the MetroLink Antelope Valley line up to Santa Clarita. At Union Station follow the MetroLink signs. Walk to the Metro Green Line (Antelope Valley Line) in Union Station. Inside the terminal is an automated kiosk for purchasing tickets. One way tickets are $8 on weekdays, $6 on weekends. There is a discount for seniors and disabled reducing the one way ticket fare to $4. The travel time is approximately 1 hour which cuts off as much as 45 minutes with the traffic conditions at times.
From Downtown L.A. or other southern cities take the 5 freeway north. Santa Clarita starts with Pico Canyon Exit and ends around Hasley Canyon Exit. Slightly West of the 5 freeway in Los Angeles is the 101 North to the 170 North which ends at the 5 North freeway. In South West Los Angeles the 405 North also connects to the 5 freeway North. From the North East, the 14 (Antelope Valley) freeway South will take you to Santa Clarita, exiting at Soledad Canyon.
There are several Santa Clarita Transit bus routes throughout the city. Full fare for a single ride is $1, with children 5 and under free. Adults over 60 ride for a reduced fare of $.50/single ride. Transfers are free.
Santa Clarita is known for it's wealth of bike paths and paseos. You can easily get around by bicycle as everything is connected by paseos where you can avoid waiting for traffic lights. A map of the bike paths is available at the City of Santa Clarita's website.
There is a large equestrian community in Santa Clarita. There are horse trails throughout the city with plans to construct more in the future. The horse trails can be found on the following map supplied from the City of Santa Clarita's website. 
On weekdays, 4 bus lines have service to/from the Metrolink station that connects Santa Clarita to Los Angeles. Routes 501-504. They are designed to run for commuters, but work great for those wanting easy/fast access to Los Angeles without the hassle of traffic. Details of times the run and stops are on the Santa Clarita website. 
There are 2 MetroLink Stations in Santa Clarita operating on the Antelope Valley Line  which ends at downtown Los Angeles (Union Station). From there you can connect to other Metrolink Train lines or LA's subway/bus system  as well as Amtrak  or the Van Nuys Flyaway buses  with service to the LAX airport :
- Jan Heidt Newhall Metrolink Station, 24300 Railroad Ave. Directions: From the 5 Fwy., exit Lyons Ave. Go East on Lyons to San Fernando Rd. Go South on San Fernando Rd. to Market. Go East on Market to Railroad Ave. There are 150 parking spaces available and there is no fee for parking.
- Santa Clarita Metrolink Station, 22122 Soledad Canyon Rd. Directions: From the 5 Fwy., exit Valencia Ave. Go East on Valencia Ave. Valencia becomes Soledad Canyon Road. There are 350 parking spaces available and there is no fee for parking. Bike lockers are available.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain, open since 1971, is the leading attraction in Santa Clarita. Movie buffs will recognize this park as "Wally World" in the 1983 film National Lampoon's Vacation. Buy your tickets online at their website and you'll usually get a deal like $10 off or buy one get one free. . Parking is $10. The park held the record for the most roller coasters in one park until 2008 when 2 coasters were removed and demolished.
- Mountasia Family Fun Center, 21516 Golden Triangle Road (off of Soledad Canyon Road), ☎ +1-661-253-4386 (fax: +1-661-253-4329), . Monday - Thursday: 12PM to 9PM, Friday 12PM to 11PM, Saturday 10AM to 11PM, Sunday 11AM to 9PM. Overrun with young kids during the day, and slightly older kids in the evenings, this spot is nevertheless a fun place to go for miniature golf, batting cages, go-carts, and sundry other entertainment. Miniature golf is $6.50 per round, but a AAA membership gives a two-for-one discount. Parents of young children might be interested in birthday parties, during which children can be infused with cake, soda, and pizza and then unleashed on a climbing wall, video games, and other activities designed to maximize their sugar buzz.
- Valencia Town Center, 24201 Valencia Blvd, Valencia, CA (Exit the 5 Freeway at Magic Mountain Pkwy, Turn right onto Magic Mountain Pkwy, Valencia Town Center starts at Magic Mountain Pkwy and McBean Pkwy), ☎ +1 661-288-0363, . Monday - Friday 10am-9pm, Saturday 10am - 8pm, Sunday 11am - 7pm. An outdoor shopping area starting at the corner of McBean Pkwy and Magic Mountain Pkwy gives way to a mall as you go East on Magic Mountain Pkwy. Several boutique stores, coffee shop, restaurants in the outdoor shopping area as well as Edwards Valencia Grand Palace Stadium Movie Theater. Restaurants at the Town Center include Salt Creek Grill, Buca Di Beppo, Poquito Mas, Johnny Rockets, South Point Bar & Grill, Maru Sushi, Rosie's, Sisley Italian Kitchen, T.G.I. Friday's, Souplantation, and BJ's Pizza & Brewery. Department stores in the mall include Macy's, JCPenney and Sears.
- Chi Chi's Pizza, 23043 West Soledad Canyon Road (Exit 5 fwy at Magic Mountain Pkwy, Turn East onto Magic Mountain Pkwy, Make a left turn at Valencia Blvd. (which becomes Soledad Canyon Rd at Bouquet Canyon Rd), Chi Chi's will be at on your left as you pass Bouquet Canyon Rd), ☎ +1 661-259-4040, . One of the oldest land marks in Santa Clarita. This restaurant has been here since the beginning. Great pizza and italian food at good prices. Many residents will tell you it's the best pizza or Italian food in town! $8 - 15.
- Elephant Bar, 27063 McBean Pkwy (Exit 5 freeway at Magic Mountain Pkwy, turn East onto Magic Mountain Pkwy, At McBean Pkwy make a left turn and the next left turn is Elephant Bar), ☎ +1 661-799-8640, . 11:00 am – 10:00 pm Sunday through Thursday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm Friday and Saturday. Full Bar, Safari feel inside. The sweet potato fries are an excellent appetizzer. The salads are great, chicken marsala is excellent but many other choices to choose from. $8 - 15.
- Claim Jumper, 25740 The Old Road (Exit the 5 freeway at McBean Pkwy, Go West on McBean and turn left at The Old Road, Claim Jumper is set back from the road quite a bit it's behind Macaroni Grill at the back of the plaza), ☎ +1 661-254-2628, . Sunday - Thursday 11am-10pm Friday - Saturday 11am-11pm. Huge portions of American food, you will have leftovers. Good food, but heavy depending on what you order. Quite a few choices for the meat lover. Even the desserts are huge - see the Chocolate Motherlode Cake. $15 - 25.
- BJ's Pizza & Brewery, 24320 Town Center Drive (Exit the 5 freeway at Magic Mountain Pkwy, Turn Right onto Magic Mountain Pkwy, Make a Right turn at McBean Pkwy and the first Left turn onto Town Center Dr.), ☎ +1 661-288-1299, . 11am-12am Sun-Thurs, 11am-1am Fri-Sat.. Nice atmosphere with cozy booths and tables. Outdoor seating available as well facing Town Center Drive. Huge menu of mostly American food. Large portions. The Strawberry Lemonade is fantastic or for something harder, they have custom brewed beers. For those with a sweet tooth, you must save room for dessert, the pizookie is one of a kind (a cookie of your choice in a deep dish pizza pan with ice cream on top). $8 - 15.
- BJ's Pizza & Brewery, 24320 Town Center Dr (Exit the 5 freeway at Magic Mountain Pkwy, Turn Right onto Magic Mountain Pkwy, Make a Right turn at McBean Pkwy and the first Left turn onto Town Center Dr.), ☎ +1 661-288-1299, . 11am-12am Sun-Thurs, 11am-1am Fri-Sat. Full Bar with mounted flat panel televisions around the bar usually tuned to sports. Excellent choice for the beer lover. Custom brews as well as a wide selection of other beers from around the world. If you're unsure which beer to choose they will give you a free sample of their custom brews to help you decide. $8-15.
- Courtyard Santa Clarita, 28523 Westinghouse Place, .
- Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, 25340 The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 290-2828 (fax: +1 661 290-2835), .
- Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, 25320 The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 290-2800 (fax: +1 661 290-2802), .
- Comfort Suites, 25380 N. The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 254-7700, .
- Hilton Garden Inn Valencia, 27710 The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 254-8800, .
- Hyatt Valencia, 24500 Town Center Drive, ☎ +1 661 799-1234, .
- Embassy Suites Valencia, 28508 Westinghouse Place, ☎ +1 661 257-3111, .
- Extended Stay America, 24940 Pico Canyon Road, ☎ +1 661 255-1044, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 27513 Wayne Mills Place, ☎ +1 661 284-2101, . The award winning Holiday Inn Express Valencia hotel in Santa Clarita offers superb customer service and convenient access to incredible Valencia attractions, restaurants, parks and local colleges. The Holiday Inn Express is located directly across from Six Flags Magic Mountain and 1 mile away from the heart of downtown Valencia.
- Hampton Inn Santa Clarita, 25259 The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 253-2400, .
- Best Western Valencia Inn, 27413 Wayne Mills Place, ☎ +1 661 255-0555, .
- Days Inn, 31410 Castaic Road, ☎ +1 661 295-1070, . Days Inn Castaic Six Flags Magic Mountain
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!