Santa Clarita is a city in Los Angeles County in Southern California.
Metrolink's Antelope Valley Line links Santa Clarita with Los Angeles Union Station.
There is bus service available between the Santa Clarita train station and Magic Mountain.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain, open since 1971, is the leading attraction in Santa Clarita. Movie buffs will recognize this park as the one seen in the 1983 film National Lampoon's Vacation.
- Mountasia Family Fun Center, 21516 Golden Triangle Road (off of Soledad Canyon Road), ☎ +1-661-253-4386 (fax: +1-661-253-4329), . Monday - Thursday: 12PM to 9PM, Friday 12PM to 11PM, Saturday 10AM to 11PM, Sunday 11AM to 9PM. Overrun with young kids during the day, and slightly older kids in the evenings, this spot is nevertheless a fun place to go for miniature golf, batting cages, go-carts, and sundry other entertainment. Miniature golf is $6.50 per round, but a AAA membership gives a two-for-one discount. Parents of young children might be interested in birthday parties, during which children can be infused with cake, soda, and pizza and then unleashed on a climbing wall, video games, and other activities designed to maximize their sugar buzz.
- <do name="SantaClaritaGuide.com" alt=""With Santa Clarita's rich western heritage you'll discover great events such as the Cowboy Festival held every Spring. True West Magazine named it one of the best cowboy festivals nationwide. A western version of the famous Walk of Fame, you can stroll through Old Town Newhall across the Walk of the Western Stars. Tour the home of a western movie star, William S. Hart, or Harry Carey's ranch--where John Wayne, John Ford, and Gary Cooper could regularly be found in the 30's. And when you want to experience the modern west for yourself, just saddle up and enjoy a sunset ride followed by a western BBQ dinner.
But Santa Clarita is not lost in her history. From the early 20's until today, Hollywood has used Santa Clarita as "Hollywood's Backlot." Today favorite tv series including "NCIS," "CSI," "The Unit," "24," and "Numbers" are here filming almost daily, and current movie credits include, "Norbit," "Epic Movie," "Zodiac," Pirates of the Caribbean 3," "Spider-Man 3," and many more. In fact, Melody Ranch Motion Picture Studio (open by appointment for tours), is the current filming location for the HBO series "Deadwood."
So if movies and the west are not your passion, what else is there to do in Santa Clarita?
There are seven local golf courses; a beautiful lake on which to go boating, swimming or jet skiing; miles of hiking trails; nearby wineries; basketball, tennis, ice skating, laser tag and paintball; community swimming pools and an aquatics center; even have Michael Jackson's tigers. And there are the day spas, restaurants, and shopping.
The City of Santa Clarita was established in 1987, so most everything has a 'new as Disneyland' feel. In the summer there are free outdoor movies and concerts to attend. And walking through Valencia Town Center is absolutely beautiful, especially at night when it is lit up.
Santa Clarita's hotels have the highest vacancy rate in Los Angeles County, so you'll want to plan ahead to get the best deal possible.
Santa Clarita is a great place to stay and play, as well as to use as 'base camp' to explore Hollywood, SoCal theme parks, the beaches and Los Angeles. If you don't want to navigate the highways, just hop on the metro system and ride the train to your favorite destinations.
For more info on Santa Clarita, visit Santa Clarita Guide online at http://www.SantaClaritaGuide.com.</do>
- Courtyard Santa Clarita, 28523 Westinghouse Place, .
- Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, 25340 The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 290-2828 (fax: +1 661 290-2835), .
- Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, 25320 The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 290-2800 (fax: +1 661 290-2802), .
WikiPedia:Santa Clarita, California