| || |
| || |
Revision as of 16:16, 26 July 2008
Santa Clarita is a city in Los Angeles County in Southern California.
Metrolink's Antelope Valley Line links Santa Clarita with Los Angeles Union Station.
There is bus service available between the Santa Clarita train station and Magic Mountain.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain, open since 1971, is the leading attraction in Santa Clarita. Movie buffs will recognize this park as "Wally World" in the 1983 film National Lampoon's Vacation.
- Mountasia Family Fun Center, 21516 Golden Triangle Road (off of Soledad Canyon Road), ☎ +1-661-253-4386 (fax: +1-661-253-4329), . Monday - Thursday: 12PM to 9PM, Friday 12PM to 11PM, Saturday 10AM to 11PM, Sunday 11AM to 9PM. Overrun with young kids during the day, and slightly older kids in the evenings, this spot is nevertheless a fun place to go for miniature golf, batting cages, go-carts, and sundry other entertainment. Miniature golf is $6.50 per round, but a AAA membership gives a two-for-one discount. Parents of young children might be interested in birthday parties, during which children can be infused with cake, soda, and pizza and then unleashed on a climbing wall, video games, and other activities designed to maximize their sugar buzz.
- Valencia Town Center, 24201 Valencia Blvd, Valencia, CA (Exit the 5 Freeway at Magic Mountain Pkwy, Turn right onto Magic Mountain Pkwy, Valencia Town Center starts at Magic Mountain Pkwy and McBean Pkwy), ☎ +1 661-288-0363, . Monday - Friday 10am-9pm, Saturday 10am - 8pm, Sunday 11am - 7pm. An outdoor shopping area starting at the corner of McBean Pkwy and Magic Mountain Pkwy gives way to a mall as you go East on Magic Mountain Pkwy. Several boutique stores, coffee shop, restaurants in the outdoor shopping area as well as Edwards Valencia Grand Palace Stadium Movie Theater. Restaurants at the Town Center include Salt Creek Grill, Buca Di Beppo, Poquito Mas, Johnny Rockets, South Point Bar & Grill, Maru Sushi, Rosie's, Sisley Italian Kitchen, T.G.I. Friday's, Souplantation, and BJ's Pizza & Brewery. Department stores in the mall include Macy's, JCPenney and Sears.
- BJ's Pizza & Brewery, 24320 Town Center Dr (Exit the 5 freeway at Magic Mountain Pkwy, Turn Right onto Magic Mountain Pkwy, Make a Right turn at McBean Pkwy and the first Left turn onto Town Center Dr.), ☎ +1 661-288-1299, . 11am-12am Sun-Thurs, 11am-1am Fri-Sat. Full Bar with mounted flat panel televisions around the bar usually tuned to sports. Excellent choice for the beer lover. Custom brews as well as a wide selection of other beers from around the world. If you're unsure which beer to choose they will give you a free sample of their custom brews to help you decide. $8-15.
- Courtyard Santa Clarita, 28523 Westinghouse Place, .
- Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, 25340 The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 290-2828 (fax: +1 661 290-2835), .
- Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, 25320 The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 290-2800 (fax: +1 661 290-2802), .
- Comfort Suites, 25380 N. The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 254-7700, .
- Hilton Garden Inn Valencia, 27710 The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 254-8800, .
- Hyatt Valencia, 24500 Town Center Drive, ☎ +1 661 799-1234, .
- Embassy Suites Valencia, 28508 Westinghouse Place, ☎ +1 661 257-3111, .
- Extended Stay America, 24940 Pico Canyon Road, ☎ +1 661 255-1044, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 27513 Wayne Mills Place, ☎ +1 661 284-2101, .
- Hampton Inn Santa Clarita, 25259 The Old Road, ☎ +1 661 253-2400, .
- Best Western Valencia Inn, 27413 Wayne Mills Place, ☎ +1 661 255-0555, .
WikiPedia:Santa Clarita, California