| || |
==Sandy Springs, GA==
==Sandy Springs, GA==
| || |
Revision as of 19:09, 18 February 2009
Sandy Springs, GA
Welcome to the City of Sandy Springs’ Web site. Sandy Springs is home to 98,000 residents who make this Georgia’s sixth largest city and the second largest in the metro Atlanta area. Sandy Springs continues to grow. US Census Bureau figures show that Sandy Springs is on the move. In 2007, the median household income in Sandy Springs is $72,682, up from $60,428 in 2000. The median home value is $451,200, up more than $135,000.
Atlanta's principal airport is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, situated approximately 8 miles south of downtown Atlanta.
Hartsfield-Jackson is largely set up as a hub airport for Delta Air Lines, with much of its traffic being transfer rather than arrival or departure traffic. The airport has a single groundside terminal, connected to 6 mid-airport concourses by underground walkways and rail transit. The concourse furthest from the terminal (concourse E) is dedicated to international flights and all immigration and customs formalities are conducted there. Passengers arriving from overseas will need to clear immigration controls, reclaim hold baggage from a baggage carousel, clear customs, check hold baggage back in, ride the underground transit to the main terminal, reclaim hold baggage again from another carousel, and finally exit the airport.
The airport offers a full range of ground transportation services, including taxicabs, airport shuttle vans, and car rental offices.
Hartsfield-Jackson airport is also the terminus of the southern branch of the MARTA rail system (see 'Get Around' below), and for travelers going to locations in downtown, midtown or northern Atlanta this forms a convenient, and at $1.75 per one-way ticket, economic way of getting there. Most MARTA stations have taxi stations to aid completion of the journey, and some hotels have free shuttles which will collect from either the airport or nearest MARTA station on telephone request.
- World Peace Cafe Atlanta, 227 Sandy Springs Place NE, Suite 302, . Healthy organic vegetarian food in Sandy Springs. Voted "Best Overall Restaurant" by Sandy Springs Magazine.
- Comfort Inn-Buckhead North, 5793 Roswell Rd (Just off I-285 at Roswell Rd on the north side of Atlanta.), ☎ 404-252-6400, .
- Comfort Suites, 6110 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, ☎ 770-828-0330, .
- Courtyard by Marriott - Perimeter Center, 6250 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, ☎ 770-393-1000, .
- Courtyard by Marriott - Glenridge Perimeter Center, 5601 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, ☎ 404-843-2300, .
- Crowne Plaza, 6345 Powers Ferry Rd, ☎ 770-955-1700, .
- Extended Stay America, 905 Crestline Pkwy, ☎ 770-396-5600, .
- Extended Stay Deluxe- Atlanta Perimeter, 6330 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, ☎ 770-379-0111, .
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Perimeter Center, 1145 Hammond Drive, ☎ 770-350-000, .
- Hamptom Inn- Perimeter, 769 Hammond Drive, ☎ 404-303-0014, .
- Hilton Suites, 6120 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, ☎ 770-668-0808, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 765 Hammond Drive, ☎ 404-250-4450, .
- Homestead Studio Suites, 1050 Hammond Drive, ☎ 770-522-0025, .
- Hyatt Place, 1005 Crestline Pkwy, ☎ 770-730-9300, .
- Intown Suites Sandy Springs, 355 Hammond Drive, ☎ 404-531-0067, .
- La Quinta Inn & Suites, 6260 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, ☎ 770-350-6177, .
- Microtel Inn & Suites, 6280 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, ☎ 678-781-4000, .
- Residence Inn by Marriott, 6096 Barfield Rd, ☎ 404-252-5066, .
- Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North, 800 Hammond Dr, ☎ 404-564-3000, .
- Staybridge Suites, 760 Mount Vernon Hwy, ☎ 404-250-0110, .
- The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North, 7 Concourse Pkwy, ☎ 770-395-3900, .