San Remo is in Italy. It lies on the Italian Riviera, near the border with France.
San Remo's train station and bus terminal are both located in the city center. The Italian train company Trenitalia  offers frequent connections to Ventimiglia to the west (on the border with France) and Turin and Genoa to the east.
The center of San Remo is quite small, and all places of interest can be reached on foot.
- Villa Nobel: the house of Alfred Nobel where he lived the last year of his life; the building can be visited with a guided tour.
- Villa Hanbury: located near Sanremo is an open air botanical garden where over 5,800 tropical species grow.
- San Remo Casino. Visit the imposing casino, an architectural masterpiece right in the centre of town that now celebrates its centenary.
- Italian Poker Tour San Remo Casino has become particularly well known for its hosting of the three times yearly Italian Poker Tour and the European Poker Tour. Competitors can buy in for a range of tournaments from €300 up to €5300 or simply spectate the huge amounts of money being gambled. First place in the EPT is over €1M.
- Sanremo Rally. Watch the rally that now belongs to the IRC federation.
- Sunset walks. Do not miss a walk along the beach at Sunset or a stroll though the cobbled streets of the old town. With 400 year old walls and original parts remaining, this is not to be missed.
- San Remo music festival  Attend the now infamous annual music festival.
- Rock the Casbah in August
- San Remo has other music festivals throughout the year, a little bit less famous, but still very interesting.
There is one street of major shopping lots of high end italian designers great place to shop in the center of town.
As you walk round San Remo there are loads of ice cream parlours and cafés all brilliant for watching the days go by.
Lollipop in the Piazza Columba has great gelato.
Café Renaissance in Piazza Columba adjacent to McDonalds is wonderful for home made pastries and pasta.
Nonna's on Corso Garibaldi 34 has superb homemade pasta and gnocci but beware of the €2 "tourist tax" for bread. Affordable prices at about €10-15 for a main.
For information about all hotel you can visit the official site www.rivieradeifiori.travel
- Nyala Suite Hotel (4 stars), via Solaro 134 - 18038 San Remo, ☎ +39 184 667668, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 12 noon. Property located in a quiet and panoramic area, offering guest rooms and junior suites, restaurant, garden, swimming pool, children playground, meeting facilities, free parking. Accommodations feature air conditioning, balcony with nice view over the garden, safe, minibar, etc. Some premium Jr. suites also with whirpool tub and beautiful view over the Mediterranean. Special services for families and outdoor-sports lovers. € 60-160 double room incl. breakfast. (43.81356,7.75632)
- Hotel Alexander, Corso Garibaldi 123, ☎ +39 184 504591, . Large rooms at an affordable price. Wooden floors, Modern LCD TVs, wifi for €5/24 rolling hours and large garden with childrens slides.
- Hotel Milano, Corso Garibaldi 39, 18038, Tel. +39 184 509367 Fax +39 184 593846, ]. Situated in central Sanremo a liberty era villa 5 minutes on foot from the beach.
- Hotel Napoleon, Corso Marconi, 56, 18038, Sanremo - Tel. +39 184 662244 - Fax +39 184 662245 - Web Site: . The hotel Napoleon is a modern hotel situated in front of the beach of San Remo, surrounded by a very large garden.
- Hotel Villa Sapienza , Corso Matuzia 21 - 18038 Sanremo (IM) Italy - Ph. +39 184 6957516 | Fax +39 184 667675 . Villa Sapienza Hotel is a small oasis set between sea and hills, surrounded by palm and century-old trees in perfect harmony with the lush environment of the Riviera dei Fiori and with the elegant Sanremo gardens. Single rooms from €50 to €65 doubles from €90, to €130.