The San Juan Islands are in San Juan County, Washington.
- Washington State Ferries 
- Kenmore Air 
Lots of bicycles and walking, but mostly cars.
The San Juan Islands are the most popular sailing charter area in the Pacific Northwest. This is a good chartering area for beginners; the waters are reasonably protected even in storms off the Pacific. You can find independant information on yacht charters in the San Juan Islands at sBoats.com
- Orcas Island has an amazing view atop Mt. Constitution of the Cascade Mountain Range and the Olympic Mountain Range. There is a near 360 degree view from a stone tower built by the public works of the Rosevelt era (a cell phone tower makes it less than 360 degrees, but still worth it). Gene Hackman, Miller of the skiing films fame, Oakley Sunglass owner all have vacation homes here. It is a paradise and home to some 3500 people. In the spring the J Pod Orca whales are in the area.
- Fresh Seafood including fish (especially salmon), dungeness crab, shrimp, muscles and clams are readily available. If you're foraging for yourself, make sure there's no red tide.
- Island Vacation Rentals  Luxury seaside rental homes & cottages. +1 360 758-7064, +1 888 758-7064 / email@example.com
- Port Angeles - Connected by Port Angeles Boat Haven  and charter flights from Fairchild International Airport 
- Port Townsend
- Sequim - Connected by John Wayne Marina  and Sequim Valley Airport