Isla Verde is in Carolina, Puerto Rico.
Rent a car from Charlie's car rentals, where they usually have decent prices on Jeeps and convertibles, and drive east out of Isla Verde along Route 187 toward Fajardo. If you have a 4 wheel drive vehicle, you can see small sand entrances amongst dense trees that you can drive into, leading you to semi-private or private beach areas. These areas aren't great for swimming but you can certainly cool off privately or stop for a picnic.
See also "Get Around" "Rental Car" under San Juan for driving there.
- InterContinental San Juan Resort & Casino, . Featuring a superb beachfront location on trendy Isla Verde, steeped in dining and nightlife options.
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort, 7012 Boca de Cangrejos Ave, 791-0404 or 800-791-2553.
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino, 8000 Calle Tartak, 791-0505 or 800-362-2779.
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan Resort, 6530 Isla Verde Ave, 791-8777 or 800-426-7866. Clean and friendly, business-oriented Inn
- Howard Johnson Hotel, 4820 Isla Verde Ave, 728-1300.
- Ritz-Carlton San Juan Hotel, Spa & Casino, 6961 Los Gobernadores Ave, 253-1700 or 800-241-3333.
- The Water Club, 2 Calle Tartak, 728-3666 or 888-265-6699.
- Wyndham Hotel & Casino, 6063 Isla Verde Avenue, . (Check this link; may have reverted to Hotel El San Juan...no longer a Wyndham property)
The "Wyndham Hotel & Casino", 6063 Isla Verde Avenue, is actually the "El San Juan Hotel & Casino," has always been known as the "El San Juan," and is no longer affiliated with the Wyndham hotel chain.Randyrasey 16:50, 21 April 2007 (EDT)