Noe Valley, San Francisco is a hip, trendy neighborhood with many restaurants and boutique shops. The main commercial corridor is on 24th Street between Guerrero and Diamond St.
Coming from downtown, take the J line outbound and get off at 24th St. and Church St.
As with many neighborhoods in San Francisco, parking can be a pain. Noe Valley finally has one small public lot, but you will likely need to find street parking. This can be particulary hairy on weekends during brunch and dinner times, so if you can take public transit, it's the best.
24th Street's thriving commercial corridor from Dolores Street to Diamond Street is well worth prowling. Some highlights include:
- Noe Valley Farmers Market new in 2004, in the parking lot between Sanchez/Vicksburg, Sat 8-Noon year-round.
- Just For Fun / Scribbledoodles, 3982 24th Street, San Francisco, CA, 415 285-4068. M-F 9a-9p, Sat 9a-8p, Sun 10a-6p. Stationery and gifts; custom color printing and calligraphy for announcements. They have also opened an art supply store across the street.
- Eric's, 1500 Church (at 27th), 415 282-0919 (fax 415 282-9989). Mo-Th 11a-9:15p, F-Sa 11a-10p, Su 12n-9:15p:. California Chinese cuisine (e.g.: many vegs are fresh, white or brown rice, mu shu comes with grilled flour tortillas). Tasty food in a bustling place. Accessible, vegetarian friendly, beer and wine, moderately loud. $2-6 apps, $6-$11 entrees ($7 minimum).
- Haystack Pizza, 3881 24th Street #606 at Sanchez, 415-647-1929, Sun-Th 11:30a-11p, F-Sat 11:30a-Midnight. A neighborhood favorite with a full menu with many choices for various diets.
- Lovejoy's Tea Room, 1351 Church Street at Clipper, 415 648-5895. Tu - Sun 11a-6p, F 11a-7p. Combination antique store and one of the best places to have a cosy High Tea in the city.
- Swatdee Thai Cuisine, 4166 24th Street btwn Casto/Diamond, San Francisco, CA 94114. 415 824-8070. Lunch M-F 11:30a-3:30, Dinner daily 4:30p-10p.